News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

payment module documentation? (and specific query on passwords)

Started by durian, June 25, 2005, 02:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

durian

I'm new to just about everything here.  I'm new to mambo, phpShop, PHP and all comibnations of the preceeding.  That said, I'm still going to jump in and try to put something together that will allow me to process credit cards using PayFlow Pro.

First off, is there any documentation on how to create payment modules?  If so, it will probably cover all my questions.  Failing that, I've got a security question.  Part of the PFP process requires providing a password to go with the vendor name.  How can I store/access this securely.  It doesn't seem like the type of thing I'd like to put in the *.cfg.php file.

Bonus question. Can someone explain the *VERIFIED_STATUS/*INVALID_STATUS values?  How are they used?  Does the rest of the shopping cart code expect specific values here or are the value specific to the payment processor?

Thanks,
mike

durian

Following up to my own questions.

It looks like the credit card processing password is store, encrypted in the database (as opposed to the .cfg.php file) as payment_passkey.

As for the VERIFIED_STATUS/INVALID_STATUS, it looks to me like they are specific to the phpShop code and not the payment processor.  If I use authorize.net as a guide, I think I want to set these values to P for delayed captures.

Now a new question.  How do I tie PayFlow Pro into the system?  Is phpshop.sql the correct file?  If so, can someone explain the various fields so I know what to do for PFP?  Are there any other files (besides language/... and ps_order.php (for the delayed capture processing) that I need to modify?

Thanks,
mike

durian

Me again.  I've got PayFlow Pro working with just one small detail left to be resolved.  I thought I'd try throwing another question out into the void.

I made changes to languages/english.php to reflect some of the PFP configuration knobs.  However, my new messages didn't appear on the configuration screen.  Do I need to do something to make my new messages appear?

mike