News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] SKIP unnecessary steps

Started by Willc, June 12, 2012, 22:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willc

Hello.
I running VM 2.0.6 on Joomla 2.5.4. And I wanna know how can costumer can SKIP unnecessary steps.

User dont need be registered to buy. So, I wanna the steps go link this:

User see the cart, click to advance and appear edit adress, the same that appear by default. But when fill fields and click to advance, dont show the cart again, show SHIP METHOD, and when ship method select, dont show the cart again again. Show the Payment Screen.

I think costumer dont want to see cart every time.

Thanks

Willc

I think the changes  are some like this:

Cart Login Form and Address Screen (with or without account creation) not redirect to cart again, redirect to Select Payment Screen.

Thanks

John2400

Willc,

Hi there are quite a few new extensions people are working on like the one page cart. ( you can search for that in the extensions area or on the net) quite  few like this.

The jump to cart or the step process I see is a configuration in VM1 and I can see a similar setting in VM2 (it didn't do exactly what I wanted either).
Have  hunt for the one page cart- option.

Willc

There are ONE solution with 3rd part extension for VM2.

I dont care to pay for, but it is SLOW. And not that I seeking.

Only I need now, is know how to change the redirection of EDIT ADDRESS page and CART LOGIN.

This currently redirecting to cart again. I wanna this redirect straight to SELECT SHIPMENT PAGE.

I think its not hard, but I dont know the core...

With this I can do my custom steps.

Thanks

Willc

Find a way to change redirection of the edit adress pages.

I have just replace the following line in various functions in file:

components/com_virtuemart/controllers/user.php

$this->setRedirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart') , $msg);

by this one

$this->setRedirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=edit_shipment') , $msg);

Hope that it help further googlers with the same problem.

Thanks

anotart

Excellent!  Thank you for posting this!

spyderwebdesign

Quote from: Willc on June 13, 2012, 20:34:00 PM
Find a way to change redirection of the edit adress pages.

I have just replace the following line in various functions in file:

components/com_virtuemart/controllers/user.php

$this->setRedirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart') , $msg);

by this one

$this->setRedirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=edit_shipment') , $msg);

What does this do?

anotart

Instead of going back to the shopping cart after entering your address, it proceeds right to shipping selection.  This works great for a guest customer.  I've since run into a problem if a customer is registering at the same time as providing their address.

Jan2412

Hello,

how it is possible to edit the link-target of the submit (next) button of the shipping methods?

After selecting the shipment method and clicking on the next button i want to be redirected to the selection of the payment methods.
(simply adding an onClick-event like the following will be ignored:
<button class="button vm-button-correct" type="submit" onClick="window.location.href='<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=editpayment'); ?>'" ><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CONTINUE'); ?></button>
)

Thanks in advance for your help
Jan