Trying Checkout, Keeps Going Back to Authorize.Net Page

Started by ren3784, June 12, 2012, 20:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ren3784

I finally got my USPS plugin working (I think) so I finally decided to test the Authorize.Net plugin.

I enter my Username and Transaction key, and then when trying to checkout I get an email:

QuoteError while processing the payment for the order number

So I replaced the Username with my API Login ID (like it is in my OSCommerce installation) and now, it doesn't send any emails, but it never processes the order. Whenever I press checkout, I am sent right back to the Authorize.net CC page. What am I doing wrong? Can I test without SSL for now? My client is looking around for a good SSL Cert, so for now I installed the self-signed ones available through cPanel.

That's one problem. Then I chose the Enable SSL for sensible areas (recommended) option in VirtueMart, to see if that would help, and I get the blank page saying:

QuoteSecure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to examplewebsite.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Someone please help! Btw I chose Secure Post to Yes, can it be no while I test this?
Renee Heyward
Developerz Block
http://developerzblock.com

ourblok

I'm experiencing this same problem. Google Chrome spits out this error: Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.
Moz spits out: (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

This is the first time this has happened and I've been using the same checkout process for almost two years. Is this an Authorize.net problem?

alatak

Rayjak

VM 2.0.6 - Having same issue.  Stuck in Checkout Step 3 - enter CC information, press Save and get re-directed back to cart with the "Check Out Now" button at the bottom.  I can put invalid info in CC fields and it doesn't matter.  Where I select payment and enter CC information, button says "SAVE" which seems odd.  "Pay Now" would be more appropriate.
Enable automatic selected payment is off.

Also tried Beez2 template with same result.

No error messages being received in FireFox 13.0.1

Been using Authorize.net for over a year and it works great.  Just upgraded Joomla, Virtuemart and now using Authorize.net AIM and it is stuck in a loop in Step 3 and paying.  Had to shut down shopping cart until clients can pay.

Hummm - 3 beginners with the same issue.  Can anybody help?

Rayjak

After entering the credit card information and pressing "SAVE" here are the debug messages if that would help resolve this issue:

vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.019751071929932
        vmdebug Start used Ram 8.5M
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.021400928497314
        vmdebug Start used Ram 9.25M
        vmdebug vmTime: VirtuemartControllerCart Finished task : 0.54890894889832
        vmdebug End used Ram 18.5M
        vmdebug Peak memory peak 19M

These are printed at the top of the page to which I am returned after entering the credit card information - that page is the Step 3 that has the "Check Out Now" button in the bottom right corner; right back where I started from.

Rayjak

vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.018534898757935
        Please accept the terms of service to confirm
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.027103900909424
        vmdebug vmTime: VirtuemartControllerCart Finished task : 0.52848196029663
        vmdebug End used Ram 18.25M
        vmdebug Peak memory peak 18.75M

WHEN THE TERMS OF SERVICE LITTLE BOX IS NOT CHECKED AT THE BOTTOM OF STEP 3 ("Check here to read terms of service and check the box to accept them") NO NOTIFICATION IS RETURNED TO THE CUSTOMER; IT ONLY GOES BACK TO THE CART - THIS IS THE LOOP!

When you check the little box to accept the terms of service,  this is what debug returns:

vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.036250114440918
        Checkout done, please confirm the order
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.022761106491089
        vmdebug vmTime: VirtuemartControllerCart Finished task : 0.81441283226013
        vmdebug End used Ram 18.25M
        vmdebug Peak memory peak 18.75M

Rayjak

When the customer is taken to the page to enter credit card information, "Please select a payment method" is in big bold letters at the top of the page.  BUT, if there is only one payment method, is it really necessary to select it?????  YES IT IS.  You must  check the little, hard to see, insignificant box or else you will be sent back to the previous step that contains no obvious error message.  Except, in regular, small, black type it says "No payment selected."

I am beginning to see that there is a lack of really visible error messages for the customers of the shopping cart.

Rayjak

Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart'      OFF

The following are set/not-set in the Configuration Checkout Settings:

language Javascript Fix    ON
Enable Automatic Selected Shipment?    ON
Enable Automatic Selected Payment?    ON
Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER?    OFF
Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout?    OFF
On checkout, ask for registration    ON
Only registered users can checkout    ON
Show checkout steps    OFF
Show product images    ON
Create and send pdf invoices    ON

The result is that there is a little box as can be seen in the JPG below that if it isn't checked, in the following screen when credit card information is entered, you are directed back to the cart with no error messages!!!!

This also happens with the Beez2 standard template.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Rayjak

Got it to work with the following configuration - although this configuration is not what I want, I can at least bring the shopping cart online:

Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart'      OFF
language Javascript Fix    OFF
Enable Automatic Selected Shipment?    ON
Enable Automatic Selected Payment?    ON
Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER?    OFF
Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout?    ON***
On checkout, ask for registration    OFF
Only registered users can checkout    OFF
Show checkout steps    OFF
Show product images    OFF
Create and send pdf invoices    OFF

***If this is set to OFF, then on chckout, there is a tiny chec kbox with no wording to indicate what it is for (see jpg in above post).  When this is ON, the following words appear with the checkbox:  "Click here to read terms of service and c heck the box to accept them."

There is no button to take one to the terms of service and the "Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER?    OFF"   is OFF!!!

kinjo

Here's the mail I got recently for my problem
Disable QUIC Protocol
in URL write "chrome://flags/#enable-quic Protocol" and hit Enter,
if will be selected as Default, now click on that drop-down and select Disabled,
now click on Relaunch in bottom.

2) Update the system Time
3) Disable unknown or unused extensions
4) Check if there is restrictions on Firewall or not.

If you error is still not solved, or getting other SSL error please visit <ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR – Fix by deskdecode>
/