News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Stop PDF invoices being sent

Started by alf1234, June 12, 2012, 12:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alf1234

Hi,

How do i stop PDF invoices being sent (as attachments in emails) in 2.0.7e
in 2.0.6 there was a tickbox in configuration, it is no longer there. Instead there is a drop down, and i have selected none, but once i view an invoice, it is always attached. Even if i cancel an order, the invoice gets attached. Bug(s)?

thanks!

alf1234

looks like it still happening in 2.0.8 :(
Anyone got any ideas?

John2400

I also have this happen -  pdf invoices being sent for all configurations.

John2400

The invoices now have the correct headings for vendor and buyer - but the buyers email has pending in the heading and the vendor confirmed - so both get a PDF -  ( i did not go into orders and update anything)
My configuration says ; only send an invoice on confirmed , which I have not done.

first email that arrives:
Vendor:   Hello xxxxxxxx,
Mr sfds fsafasfa confirmed an order with a total of $ 664, his/her order number

Buyer :  Your order number:
Your order password:
Your order status is Pending

The actual layout , and the way the invoices now read is good.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

John2400

I updated this morning - 2.0.8a and I tested got this below?

I test now 10 hours later and they are perfect ?

no I update this agin to say that the invoices - are almost perfect but they are getting sent when configuration is set to none or pending.   and before I get into the order section of VM (BE) -    some do come through OK.  why ?

4est

How can I stop invoices from being sent? 
I have set send invoices to "none", but they are still being sent to the customer (and to me)

alf1234

Quote from: 4est on July 02, 2012, 14:29:05 PM
I have set send invoices to "none", but they are still being sent to the customer (and to me)
i can't stop them either.
still happening in 2.0.8a
:(
how long does it take to get a simple bug fixed?

John2400

PDFs being set in 2.0.8 "b"

I have updated : shown in image 2.0.8 b
i have set configuration: see image
I purchase a product :standard payments _ options
I receive the emails : buyer and seller with PDFs attached and I have not confirmed the order in the back end.

Remember I get both due to testing only.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Quote from: alf1234 on July 03, 2012, 12:58:50 PM
Quote from: 4est on July 02, 2012, 14:29:05 PM
i can't stop them either.
still happening in 2.0.8a
:(
how long does it take to get a simple bug fixed?

Little hint coming from the reality around the corner.

Maybe the bug is not simple, eh? I just dont have the problem. So it is not easy or simple.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

John2400

Ok update on PDF configuration_

If I go to the configuration setting and I change it and change it back - then it appears to work OK.

* So when I install a new version of VM - maybe  the configuration turns something on or off. 

I turned off and all the payment and shipment methods one by one and then back on. - they did nothing.

* i notice when I update VM I have to turn off some modules I don't use everytime - Maybe ? it does something to the configuration setting?  Right now I did 10 tests and they all come through ok.  _ infact if it is OK - then for me my shop works well.

But - the vendor's email still has the wrong wording -

4est

maybe offtopic, or near, but do you also receive the email with order status change?
in VM1 only the customer received this, now in VM2 I too receive every status change.  Can this be disabled somewhere, as for me it's just another email to delete?

I do understand it might be useful in some situations where someone else does update the statuses and you want things under control, but it's not my case :)

John2400

4east,

yes you should always get an email - but you should only get a pdf invoice with the configuration set as you want - ie: if you set configuration to shipping then on the first order you(vendor) and the buyer will get an email. It should say pending.   and no PDFs

* then you go to orders in the back and if you change the setting to shipping (and nothing else) - then an email with an invoice should arrive to you and the customer.

* to turn that off - that is another story - I use microsoft Outlook to collect POP mail - when all VM email come in they just go to a redirected folder and sit there - infact I have a sound set up to hear them come in.  they never turn up in my personal mail. That way no mess and delete if needed in one click - but for accounting purposes - might be best to always receive a pdf copy of the invoice.

* now the extra bit did you - do what I did below and turn the configurtion to none. then save . then turn it back say to shipping and save and then reset to another configuartion and test.  -  did they emails come but the PDFs stop. ???  this is important .

John2400

Every thing in 2.0.8c installed correctly,

* fast orders , no pdfs in the emails, working very well the site - is great but?  vendor's email still the same I changes all the configurations back and forth saved. I even chnge the setting in the products section from shipped to pending - in case it was pulling it from there. 

I went to the orders section and I changed the orders to shipped, cancelled, etc all settings - all emails came through correctly to the buyer - but the vendor always had the word shipped in every email. in the same spot as in image - it is like it is a text and not pulling from anywhere?  see image.

The subject was always correct.

bpluijms

I have installed VM2.0.8.c and I still get an PDF invoice attached to every e-mail at every status change.
I have set the order-status for invoice to NONE, so It should be correct.

Now my customers (if it was a live site) are receiving an PDF invoice even when their order isn't confirmed.
I hope there will be a quick solution for this.

A bit offtopic:
Quote from: 4est on July 04, 2012, 21:28:09 PM
maybe offtopic, or near, but do you also receive the email with order status change?

This should be a option, maybe for a next release? I don't want to receive an email everytime I change a status is changed.