News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

4.6.4.1.1. Adding Product Attributes

Started by hellojoomla, June 11, 2012, 18:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellojoomla

Can anyone help me find out how to add Product Variations and Attributes in VirtueMart 2.0.6.

Some of my products have up to 5 sets of variables, some with 5 or 6 values, for example:

There are 5 x 4 x 7 x 8 =1120 - 16 = 1104 combinations available.

It clearly states in the manual that we can add tributes to a product without creating a new product. I do not see the "Add Attribute" in the Toolbar  as described. Does anyone know how can this be accomplished, or if this feature has been removed in 2.0.6 ?

The Manual says:
4.6.4. Product Variations and Attributes

VirtueMart knows two types of Attribute Setups, one which allows Stock Control for each Variant - you need to set up separate Products (called Items) - and one which just defines all attributes and attribute values directly at the Product (no need to add Products for each Attribute Combination, but no Stock Control for Variants).

And then:

To create a new product attribute, go to the Product List ("Products" ⇒ "List Products"). Select the Product you want to add or modify the Attributes. Click on "Add Attribute" in the Toolbar and a new window will open displaying the Attribute Form

http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/Product_Attributes.html

mowgs

Hi, looks like thats the VM 1.x manual?

In 2.0.6, adding attributes comes under the 'Custom fields' tab (far right)

In all honesty if you have that many variables you might find it quite laborious!

Do they need to be stock controlled?

If not, then try using the 'Generic Child Variant' - if they do, then use the Stockable plugin.

A quick forum search should bring up lots of info.

If you use the stockable plugin, then have a look at the thread re: Stockable plugin bugs by Openglobal - theres a few bug fixes in there which are really good.

Its a minefield, but theres lots of info here and everyone seems really helpful.  Have a good search in this forum, if you have any more questions then fire away!