News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

OpenGlobal VirtueMart Downloadable Products

Started by OpenGlobal, June 11, 2012, 17:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naldjb

I sent a message on your contact form but still no one had replied to me..

I just want to know on how many domains can i use your plugin? is it limited to one domain only?

Thanks in advance,,

OpenGlobal

Hi,

We replied straight away, please check your spam folder.

Our plugins have a GPL licence so you can use them on as many sites as you want.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

naldjb

Yup its on my spam mail, sorry.. i think if you noted that on your product descriptions it would be helpful for us buyers..

Thanks for the fast response, now i know you guys have a great customer support,, just one more question, i only see that its able to limit the timeframe for the download, how about the numbers of download can it be limit too?

Looking forward for your fast replay

Thanks

OpenGlobal

This feature is now included in the latest version of the component.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

naldjb

PERFECT!!

I'm going to purchase this now..

Thanks

naldjb

One more thing about the configuration..

i just went on documentation http://www.openglobal.co.uk/images/stories/virtuemart/product/openglobal-virtuemart-downloadable-products-instruction-manual.pdf and i think its not updated yet with the limitation on the number of downloads,, does the setup for the limitation of number of downloads is just like how the time limit is setup on the product custom field??

""You can also create another custom field to override this time limit on a product by product basis.
To do this, simply create a string type custom field, with an appropriate name, and select it in the
Time limit override custom field option""

Does the numbers of download is similar to this setup? just wanna make sure cause its not noted yet on the documentation..

Also I have inquired to this other plugin which has the same features as yours but alil bit cheaper however they couldn't give a refund if they're plugin wouldn't work on my site, in situations like there's a conflict we other existing 3rd party plugin.. So i made up my mind and going to get your plugin :)

Thanks again

OpenGlobal

Yes, it works in the same way. You can specify a default for all products on the shipping plugin, and you can set it individually for each product with it's own custom field too.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

naldjb

Hi

I have finally bought your plugin, everything seems to be working right.. however on the thank you page, for the download link of the product its not saying the product name but this VMSHIPMENT_DOWNLOADABLEPRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD as a link to download the product.. how can i change that to the name of the file that is purchased by the customer?

Under that link there's also a note saying "You can download this file in future by logging into your account and selecting the order." how can i change this note to something that i want?

Also how can i cancel the £5 per month support package? i want to cancel it before the day it charges my paypal account..

Thanks

OpenGlobal

Hi,

It sounds like your version has not installed completely. VMSHIPMENT_DOWNLOADABLEPRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD is the translatable string constant which, in English is "Download %s". You can override this in the language manager by searching for that string as a constant and changing it to what you want. The %s part gets changed to the name of the product.

The other text is a configurable message in your Shipment plugin settings.

You can cancel the support payments at any time by logging into the PayPal interface and cancelling the subscription.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

naldjb

Hi

hmmm.. not installed completely?? that worries me... can you tell me what did i miss? Do i need to reinstall the plugin? Btw i'm not using the default language en-GB, i'm using en-US.. does this cause the issue?

btw is there i way i can assign a diff DIR folder for the product downloadable files?

OpenGlobal

I suppose that might be something to do with the issue, but Joomla should normally manage that OK. If you set the language overrides, that should solve the issue.

The directory that the file is stored is managed by VirtueMart (ie, the media manager and safepath). The plugin just uses the VirtueMart settings to find the files.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

naldjb

Thanks

The language override worked! i set the language override as "English USA - site" and it works!

About the directory, so your saying there's no way i can separate my product images from the download files? cause its really annoying scrolling back and front since i have tons of products..

OpenGlobal

The product downloads are stored in your safepath (assuming you upload them as "for sale") so no, they will not be in the same place as your product images.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

naldjb

okay I'm a bit confuse and dumb struck :-\

Where should i upload my downloadable products? On the forsale /images/stories/virtuemart/forSale or on the safepath? I FTP my downloadable products on the forsale folder but when i tried adding them on product->custom fields-> downloadable file drop-down menu, i can't find it there.. I tried Synchronize media to VirtueMart but still its not showing up on the downloadable file drop-down menu,,, I also tried Ftping my downloadable products on the safe path, Synchronize media to VirtueMart again

RESULT
Synchronized 1 media for forSale in directory /home/$$$$$/vmfiles/

but still its not showing on the downloadable file drop-down menu on the  custom fields..

Where and how should i upload my downloadable products?

Btw thanks for the awesome fast response.. Great support!!!

OpenGlobal

I'd have thought that FTPing your files is asking for trouble. Why aren't you just uploading them via the VirtueMart Media Files section? If you upload them as "for sale", this will put them in your safepath where they can't be downloaded directly and away from your product images. It also guarantees that your file references will always be in sync.

OpenGlobal E-commerce