News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Calculations bug // lack of functionality?

Started by TechnoMage, May 16, 2012, 22:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechnoMage

Hi,

I have assigned 2 main shopper groups ('wholesaler' and 'buyer'). The following basic problem occurs when I am trying to set for intance a 'profit margin' calculation for the 'buyer' shopper group exclusively.

The following options are available as part of the calculations create/edit page:

• I add the whole country as a restriction, that means it is added for both the 'wholesaler' and 'buyer'
  • I add the 'buyer' shopper group as a restriction, however in this case the 'profit margin' is not applied to non registered users
  • I add both the country and the 'buyer' shopper group as a restriction, however it is still not applied to non registered users

Am I doing something wrong or is it rather resulting from the lack of VM 2 functionality?

Regards,
TM

(VM 2.0.6///Joomle 1.5.25)

John2400

Hi TechnoMage0,

I see that you are trying to use the price settings as your main area of division.

* I suppose that most would use the - variation of prices, by cloning a product and then setting a different price for each shopper group or they would be using the parent child set up as this would also allow you to track stock as well.
* others are using the tax area and giving groups different tax margains or overall discounts in tax area.
*others are using the groups in shipping and postage.
* others are using a coupon discount for wholesalers and giving them a code to type in when they buy.
* there is a new area in regards to varying prices in the new 2.0.7 - if you would like to play in there.
* on one single product - trying to set different prices ? 

just wondering if you could try the others and see how they go-

Milbo

I would add anonymous and buyers to the margin and thats it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

TechnoMage

Quote from: John2400 on May 16, 2012, 23:07:42 PM
Hi TechnoMage0,

I see that you are trying to use the price settings as your main area of division.

* I suppose that most would use the - variation of prices, by cloning a product and then setting a different price for each shopper group or they would be using the parent child set up as this would also allow you to track stock as well.
* others are using the tax area and giving groups different tax margains or overall discounts in tax area.
*others are using the groups in shipping and postage.
* others are using a coupon discount for wholesalers and giving them a code to type in when they buy.
* there is a new area in regards to varying prices in the new 2.0.7 - if you would like to play in there.

just wondering if you could try the others and see how they go-

Hi,

thanks for the tips.

• Maybe you are right, but I personally don't see the point of setting manually each unique prices and in our case for the stock the products are the same. Furthermore we have 3700 products so it is not really a feasible solution (I don't see the point in increasing the number of products to 7400). In the old VM we had two unique prices for each products I want to avoid this.

• This is true but still the system works very bad here. So let say I want to give a 30 percent discount to the 'buyer' shopper group exclusively. If I add the 'buyer' shopper group to the discount settings that is only valid for the users who are logged in as buyers. If I leave out the shoppergroups and add the country instead that is valid for the entire product line including the 'wholesaler' shoppergroup. So that means I have to add another two discount rules that increase the price back to normal for the wholesalers (since I have two different price margins). I set up my initial price setting following this logic. But as you can see this results in numerous extra rules.

* others are using the groups in shipping and postage.

• This would be possible, but the problem here that in this case the 'wholesaler' shoppergroup would not see the real prices even after logging in, which is not so advantageous :(

• I will check this later on.

• It doesn't look like that this is possible and still I don't think so this is a good idea.

TechnoMage

Quote from: Milbo on May 16, 2012, 23:22:06 PM
I would add anonymous and buyers to the margin and thats it.

How do you do that? I don't see any anonymus shoppergroup. If I create one that is only valid for users who are logged in but not for the ones who are visinting the shop for the first time.

Milbo

Imho since version 2.0.4 there exists an anoymous shoppergroup. If not, use the table updater, or go in the mysql and change the columsn default to 2 for your anonymous group.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

TechnoMage

Quote from: Milbo on June 11, 2012, 13:28:51 PM
Imho since version 2.0.4 there exists an anoymous shoppergroup. If not, use the table updater, or go in the mysql and change the columsn default to 2 for your anonymous group.

I have that assigned to the 'non-registered' shoppergroup but the problem is that even if both shoppergroups is assigned ('buyer' and 'non-registered') to a calculation, the system only applies that given rule for the 'buyer' shoppergroup. If I am not logged in the price is 285 which is 225 * 1.27. If I am logged in as a 'buyer' the price is 225 * 1.417320 * 1.27 = 405. Where the second rule is the Tax and the first one is a Marge. This means the first rule is not applied in case of the anonymus group.

A rule is only applied for the anonymus group if I give the country without any shoppergroups. If I give both of them or I only give the shoppergroups in those cases I get the above said results.

I hope you understand what I mean :)

TechnoMage

Anyway my workaround solution does not even work in case of single product discounts since only one discount type per product is possible. In case if I choose multiple discount types after saving or applying only one is beeing attached to the given product :(

TechnoMage

I found the solution the problem was that the id of my anonymus group was 41 not 1. I guess during migration this anonymus group was not created.

Could you tell me how can I create non-global discount types? So I want to assign 20% discounts to certain products. Is that only possible by the override prices?

TechnoMage

Ok I have solved everything thank you for your help :)