News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipment with digital downloads

Started by johnnypict, June 11, 2012, 14:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnypict

I'm using the 'Shipment for virtual products module'  /VM 2.0.6 / Joomla 2.5 / Yootheme Nano

1. I check out and have an issue with the shipping method for a digital download.
I don't want a shipping method just for Paypal to send the download link when payment has been made.

2. Also could be doing with removing ship to and bill to. Is this possible?

3. Any ideas why VM changes the font when on the mp3s page?

I have a download here that I can't test past putting in cart because of problem 1 above. http://themindtoolsexpert.com/mp3s.html

Thanks for your assistance,

John.

celticwebs

I have had similar issues.  In the end I have it working as follows :-

1.  The way I set it up (I am using the Digitoll Downloads plugin rather than the Plugin in the VM extensions shop, but it works similarly) was to set the downloads to a zero weight then setup a separate shipping that was automatically selected called "digital download".  All other shipment methods where set to need a weight.

Then when somebody bought a download it defaulted to the "Digital Download" shipment method which was set to be free.

2.  It is possible with a little bit of work to totally disable registration and remove the billto and ship to sections using template override, from that point you just allow customers to checkout as guests.

3.  Can't see what the problem is so can't help you on that one I'm afraid.

johnnypict

Thanks Celticwebs...solved a part of my issue but I'd like to see no shipping facility at all for digital downloads. Don't really see the point in it.

Thanks again.

celticwebs

I have just been looking at a single page checkout system, I'm sure in it it allows you to disable shipping..  I'll check and let you know :)