Sales not completed means no more items added to cart

Started by Bifford, February 01, 2013, 00:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bifford

Hi there.

I am totally new to VM and my site is still in development though supposed to go live tomorrow!

I'm having a headache with something:

If I add an item to the cart and then proceed to checkout but cancel at any time or don't complete the sale (I'm using the Paypal Sandbox) and go back to the site I then can't add any new items. If I delete the item in the cart it says it's gone but when I try to click anything to add it the site jumps the page where it shows the delivery address etc but there is nothing in the cart.

In the admin section I have the order as "pending". If I cancel that the same still happens in the front end until cache is cleared.

I'm at somewhat of a loss as to why this is happening.

Any help gratefully received!
Sam / Bifford

Bifford

further:

Once the sites cache is cleared i tested further with VM debug on.

I could add the first item just fine - it popped up the "### item added to cart"  window just fine and this was added to the shopping cart module.
However when I then tried to add a second item it jumped me to the "Confirm Purchase" page but with only the first item in the list.

Interestingly, I just went to do the purchase in the paypal sandbox and the amount showed that in actual fact only the SECOND item was now to be purchased! Despite my site saying only the first item was to be bought the paypal site says only the second.

Debug shows:
vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb
vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.00277996063232
vmdebug Start used Ram 12.5M
vmdebug shipmentmethod Download PDF = TRUE for variable weight = 0 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Download PDF = TRUE for variable products quantity = 1 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Download PDF = TRUE for variable order amount = 7.5 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Download PDF = TRUE for variable zip = SE16 3LF Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Download PDF = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 222, Reason: Country in rule or none set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Download PDF = TRUE for variable weight = 0 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Download PDF = TRUE for variable products quantity = 1 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Download PDF = TRUE for variable order amount = 7.5 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Download PDF = TRUE for variable zip = SE16 3LF Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Download PDF = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 222, Reason: Country in rule or none set
vmdebug vmTime: VirtuemartControllerCart Finished task : 0.223028898239
vmdebug End used Ram 24M
vmdebug Peak memory peak 24M

Milbo

Hmm, do you have some caching module? Disable all caches. The joomla cache can easily create wrong results, and we cannot avoid it atm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Bifford

The only thing like that on the site is the Rok suite of programs. Would this do it?

EDIT:

Turned off the RokBooster plugin having done a Google search and discovering that VM doesn't like RokBooster!!!!

And now everything seems to work right.

Can't figure out layout stuff, but that's not important here. I've got functionality which is the important thing! Visual can come later :)