News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

missing features in VM 2.0.x from VirtueMart 1.1.x

Started by exschnecki123, June 09, 2012, 18:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exschnecki123

I like VirtueMart but I cannot understand why turning the good things from VirtueMart 1.1.x into something bad in VirtueMart 2.0.x. or just leave it away.

Please include again the good features from VM 1.1.x in further versions of VM 2.0.x

- the invoice for the customer - it all looked fine in VM 1.1.x but in VM 2.0.x everything is displaced. Why not keeping the style of the old invoice from VM 1.1.x?
- the bank debit feature does not exist in VM 2.0.x. Why? (by the way: there is a thread where 20 people ask for an description for this, but no answer! This is really a pity!)
- redirection from the joomla register form to virtuemart register form: does not exist anymore. Why?
- the VM module with the cart, categories, customer account and so on: does not exist anymore. Why?
- the customer account (where a customer can see his orders and so on) there are so many unnecessary datas in it, when a customer is changing that he cannot order anymore.

Sorry, but I can't understand this. And why is there still no manual for this version?

I know you got a lot do to, but I hope that you will include the good features from VM 1.1.x in VM 2.0.x again.

Thank you.

Milbo

Quote from: exschnecki123 on June 09, 2012, 18:41:06 PM
- the invoice for the customer - it all looked fine in VM 1.1.x but in VM 2.0.x everything is displaced. Why not keeping the style of the old invoice from VM 1.1.x?
I am sorry, I dont know what you mean. Especially here we added a new feature, before you needed a kind of invoice center, this is now done in the core. Additionally to that you can easily style the invoice yourself.

- the bank debit feature does not exist in VM 2.0.x. Why? (by the way: there is a thread where 20 people ask for an description for this, but no answer! This is really a pity!)
This was a strange mix in vm1. The banking stuff was in the userinformation. in vm2, you can create this userfields for yourself, but you are right a paymentmethod for this is atm missing. On the other hand, we created the authorize.net plugin as a "template" for stuff like this.

- redirection from the joomla register form to virtuemart register form: does not exist anymore. Why?
- the VM module with the cart, categories, customer account and so on: does not exist anymore. Why?
Because that was always "wrong" in vm1. Vm1 was in fact a bridged php-shop to mambo (later joomla). Therefore you had joomla users and vm users. Now there exists no vm users. There exists only joomla users, no need to synchronise again or to have different logins.

- the customer account (where a customer can see his orders and so on) there are so many unnecessary datas in it, when a customer is changing that he cannot order anymore.
hm?

Sorry, but I can't understand this. And why is there still no manual for this version?

No Vm2 Manual? Here http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki

So the only thing really missing is the debit feature. Please apologize, but I need a more detailled information, what you did with the debit feature.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

exschnecki123

Quote from: Milbo on June 13, 2012, 13:55:28 PM
I am sorry, I don't know what you mean. Especially here we added a new feature, before you needed a kind of invoice center, this is now done in the core. Additionally to that you can easily style the invoice yourself.

Okay, but where is it? Where can I easily style the invoice by myself?

Thank you.