News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Default E-Mail address

Started by brycom, June 08, 2012, 14:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brycom

Hi All,

When an order is made through my site I get an email from xx@xx.com instead of my email address which is yy@yy.com

Can anyone tell me where to change that default address? I am running VM 2.0.2 and Joomla 2.5

Thanks

Thomas Kuschel

I think xx@xx.com is the mail address which is set up in the global configuration of Joomla 2.5; there you've to change the address of your "server" with administration rights on the backend.
Best regards,
Thomas

brycom

I've been told it is something to do with my host and their setup of the mailer settings, struggling to fix it, going to refer this back to them!

Thomas Kuschel

John2400

Your default email,

is set under your vendor -  your vendor should be set in Virtuemart in users -

there is an option in your server settings where you can set - a forwarder to send to any address you like.

this is not difficult to set -

Thomas Kuschel

Hi John,

that's only the half story. If you look into sources, the vendor address is built as reply-to address only, the sender is the joomla address. And the invoice mail from the system to the vendor is coming from the joomla address configuration as well.

Have a look to my former post at 
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100367.msg343595#msg343595

I have changed this IMHO behavior, with 2 additional setting parameters in backend of VM 2.0.6, one for activating the vendor email address, the second one for switching between reply-to or sender address (the sender address may not work with all Internet providers).
1. As vendor: To get e-mails from either the system with reply-to address of the customer or (if possible and provider allows this) with the from-address of the customer - Instead of the Joomla email address. So the vendor can press "reply-to" in his mail client to send a message back to the customer. Before, the vendor had to copy the customer address into the address field "To" of the mail client.
2. As customer: Now, the customer gets the right vendor address, not the joomla system address. So he can also easy reply mails to the customer as well.

Best regards
Thomas

John2400

Hi Thomas,

In your post before I see Milbo has answered the question for you.

He is the chief designer -  of Virtuemart.

I have seen this issue regarding the reply address in ask a question- it was a hot topic in 2.0.3 version?  I think the simple version is to put the forwarding address in the server for the joomla address and the virtuemart address point to the same address* a lot easier that trying to hack a code.

then set up a new super user - as the administrator of the site - if that really is an issue - but again - Milbo looks as though you caught his attention on this issue.

Thomas Kuschel

Hi John,
thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, you're right, putting the same address would be the easiest way. But at my website, the virtuemart, used as a quote request system, is not the only software which uses the mail system of Joomla.
I strictly use the joomla address as webmaster@loytec.com, there I get system messages, etc.
There is an RMA (Return Material Authorization) system too, that mail goes to support@loytec.com and comes from support@loytec.com and vice versa for confirmation.
On the one hand, the mail now "arrives" on sales@loytec.com from the customer directly, on the other hand, the customer receives the mail from sales@loytec.com. Unfortunately, our customers are distributors mainly, so the prices and conditions varies extremely - our sales department have to edit the quote requests "per hand". So the feature to only press "reply to" on the mail client is important, that was on VM1, and now with my extension with VM2.

Regards from Austria to Australia,
Thomas.

brycom

Hi Guys,

My host upgraded its version of PHP and how it handled it. I had to amend my PHP script to send by proxy!