News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product Category Question

Started by remohead, June 08, 2012, 12:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remohead

Hi Guys,

Im a bit of a virtuemart noob although i've been using joomla for a while. Im on the latest versions of joomla & virtuemart.

Ive created the following categories

Bath Products
- Bath bombs (containing 2 products)
- bath melts (containing 0 products)
- bath salts (containing 1 product)

I have set up a menu item to a virtuemart category view so when clicked it shows my Bath products sub categories.

So I then have the bombs, melts, salts sub categories available to select.

the problem is all products are showing in all selections, eg. if I click bath bombs it is showing the products in the salts category, and vice versa - if I click melts (which currently has no products) it is showing the products in bath bombs and bath salts.

any idea how I can stop this happening?

many thanks, Chris

katkins12015

Hi Chris,

I am having this same issue, did you ever get to the bottom of this and get it working as it should?

Thanks.

PRO

do you have a menu link to virtuemart frontpage?

katkins12015

My menu buttons link to a virtumart category page

Is this not the correct way to do things?

katkins12015

I have changed one of my menu items to front page, now when I click the link I see all categories, is it not possible to display only certain categories related to the title given to the menu button?

katkins12015

In addition after changing to front page, when I click a category which I have sub categories in these are not present and I therefore can not continue to drill down to my products, these sub categories do have products in them.

PRO

Quote from: katkins12015 on May 21, 2013, 14:38:42 PM
I have changed one of my menu items to front page, now when I click the link I see all categories, is it not possible to display only certain categories related to the title given to the menu button?

you need to ALWAYS have 1 link to the vmart frontpage.

THIS can be in a hidden menu

katkins12015

okay thanks,  can you tell me where the option is to hide it?

PRO

Quote from: katkins12015 on May 21, 2013, 16:58:27 PM
okay thanks,  can you tell me where the option is to hide it?

you can have MANY menus in joomla,.

BUT the menu ONLY shows, when you publish it in a module

highcoding

You can create a menu that you would put in a module position that won't be called anywhere in yout template file. This way the menu is active but hidden.
Páginas web profesionales - Highcoding
Desarrollo de tiendas virtuales - Highcoding