News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Order details to site owner

Started by gofer123, October 16, 2012, 08:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gofer123

Hi,
My client has requested that when an order is submitted by a client, that the order details to be emailed to the site owner, is this possible?
I've had a dig around but couldn't see any obvious way of doing this, would appreciate some help please.
Cheers

John2400

I think you just mean can two or more people get the order as well as the client.
* The easiest way is to set up on the server several forwarding addresses.

When the email hits the server it send everyone an email order.

gofer123

Thanks for that John2400, I don't suppose anybody has a screen shot as an example I could show my client?
Thanks in advance

John2400

sorry Screen shot ? it is a set up on the server.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xif0h2_setup-email-forwarding-redirects-in-cpanel-cpanel-email-forwarders_tech

two second job and you can have as many emails as you like.

The idea is that - you will need the personal email or contact emails should be part of the domain ( best idea) the paypal email can be different.

but when the order comes through - to goes to the server and then goes to anyone you like.  But the paypal email and money will just go to the vendor.

gofer123

Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to get an idea of a typical order form looked like that the site owner would receive, the layout, is it easy to see the products and comprehend, options selected, that sort of thing.
Cheers

John2400

an order looks like this - really you should just set up a test site and practice to see what it looks like. 15 minutes set up.

I transfered the file to word and converted it to pdf- for ease but the format is exactly the same in any order

[attachment cleanup by admin]