News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart Save Cart Plugin

Started by David Kan, June 06, 2012, 04:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Kan

Many shoppers of Virtuemart just want to save their product choices and come back later to perform the checkout process with the saved cart. This should be a core function of Virtuemart template. Today, Netbase releases this plugin to improve your Virtuemart store with this function.

The function works like a "Add to Wish List" but with products in your saved cart instead of any product.

How does it work?

- Shoppers can add products into the cart normally and products will be displayed on Save Cart

- With Save Cart module, shoppers can add data into his Virtuemart profile

- With Save Cart, shoppers can send email of the saved data to any email address as he wants.

- If shoppers haven't log-in the site, the module will ask shoppers to register or log-in before saving products into cart

- The module supports Ajax effects for the Save so customers will not have to reload the page while the cart is saved into their Virtuemart profile

- Only shoppers can see the save cart data in their profile

- A user profile can save UNLIMITED carts into and restore them any time

- The restored save cart will replace the current save cart for shoppers to check out

- Shoppers can put a name for each Cart when they save it, so they will know clearly the purpose of cart

This plugin is in fact A+ module into your Joomla Virtuemart. You WILL NOT HAVE TO DO any template change / core Virtuemart file hack.

How to set it up

Step 1: install the plugin as a normal Joomla installation

Step 2: Activate the plugin

Step 3: go to your menu, create a new Virtuemart Menu ( link to Virtuemart -> Account Maintenance)

Step 4: go to front end joomla, add a product into Virtuemart cart, and you will see the Save Cart with all the functions of this plugin.

#CHANGELOG

Version 3.3.0 Updated: Date: 5/22/2015

- Compatible Joomla 3 & Virtuemart 3.0.8

# Fix Bugs

-   The save cart disappeared in the profile

-   Prices in save cart wrong to the shopping cart

-   When add to cart, the save cart updates incorrectly

-   Saving cart name to display blank spaces

Version 3.2.0 Updated: 2014, Dec 01

+ Compatible with Joomla 3.x and VM 2.9.8

+ Allow to control the displayed information of Save Cart in Admin.

# Fix bug of not allowing to save when no product in cart.

# Fix bug of sending email

Version 3.0 Updated: 2014, Oct 09

- Fixed issues with JS and PHP bug in VM2 profile view.

- Work fine with IEs (7,8,9,10), Firefox (3.5, 14+), Chrome 20+

Version 2.0 Updated: 2014, Oct 09

- Add a function of save cart deletion, your customers can refresh their cart.

- 5 COLORS AVAILABLE( Blue, Black, Pink, Red, Gray) suitable for many different types of website sales - Virtuemart admin can choose in admin panel.

Version 1.0 Updated: 2014, Sep 08

+ Compatible with Joomla 2.5.x and Virtuemart 2.0.x

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: krzychkam on May 04, 2013, 20:31:23 PM
I bought this plugin and I have a problem in the correct version jQuery - I can not deal with it - if anyone can help me?
Oh come on! Can you upload the most newer version of jQuery in the place where the more older version is?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

krzychkam

As if it were that easy I would not do the problem - I'm getting set to automatically download from google:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js" <script type="text/javascript"> </ script>

and I can not find where to switch link parameters. I tried to turn it off and insert your own link but it does not bring the expected results - hence my question - where to find a forum where there are many well-wishers.
Pregards from Poland
Krzysiek

David Kan

Hi,

Please go to your admin panel site, and go to Component--> Virtuemart-->Configuration tab--> Template and uncheck Use external google jQuery library, so you can turn off it.

(you can see image attach below)

Regard

[attachment cleanup by admin]

David Kan

Update new version

Hi all, we have updated new version of this product.
Feature update:

- Add delete save cart function - your customer can refresh their cart.
    - 5 COLORS AVAILABLE( Blue, Black, Pink, Red, Gray) suitable for many different types of website sales - Virtuemart admin can choose in admin panel.
    - Fixed many issues with JS and PHP bug in VM2 profile view.
    - Compatible with Joomla 2.5.9 and Virtuemart 2.0.8+
    - Work fine in IEs (7,8,9,10), Firefox (3.5, 14+), Chrome 20+

a_mbs

Hello everybody!
Is it possible to customize plugin to have into the email also the image of the product?
I guess I've to edit the mail.php file located in tmpl directory and add the php code(and the style declaration) to echo the image too.

Something like this :

<?php if ( !empty($product['product_attributes']) ) { ?>
<div style="font-size: 90%">
<p style="margin: 0 0 "><strong>Options:</strong></p>
<div style="padding-left: 10px;">
<?php echo  $product['product_attributes'?>

but with images instead of attributes. Anyone have any suggestion or may tell me the exact name of array img field?

thanks a lot in advance!

baoquocmt159

Hi a_mbs,

Please try to add image for $data in the loadMail() fundtion in helper.php file. And at the mail.php you can echo it.

Thank you !

David Kan

Helle everybody!

Now in July 2015, we have a special offer for every customers.

Let use coupon code: Belovedcustomer to get 20% OFF

Thank you!