News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[SOLVED] - Stockable Variants vs Stock Quantity

Started by Willc, June 05, 2012, 23:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willc

Hello, I running VM 2.0.6 and the Lastest Stockable Variants build on Joomla 2.5.4.

I make a size options with custom fields, and i set SHOP CONFIGURATIO to 'Show Notify me instead Add to Cart', but the plugin not show options that are out of stock, and if I set parent product to stock 0 it show the Notify button instead add to cart, otherwise this only hide the options that are out of stock.

This is wrong.

I wanna that show all options, and when I seletc a size that are out of stock, this hide Add to Cart button and show Notify Me.

How to do that?

Willc

The solution was found by OpenGlobal.

The solution:

Replace file:
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php
with product.php attached.

Replace file:
plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php
with product.php attached

This work perfect for me.
Showing all variants, and showing 'Notify me' instead 'Add to cart' if costumer choose a out of stock option.

Credits for OpenGlobal

[attachment cleanup by admin]

uschmi

I tried this solution of OpenGlobal.
Now, I´m not able any more to update/put in the stock into the childs!
The stock field is blank (even if there was stock in before) and it becomes blank again as soon as I save...

Willc

The stock of child product dynamicly replace stock of parent.

Exemple: If u have 10 products in size S and 15 in size L, the parent will have 15 products. You are able to modify quantities, but the changes must  appear only in parent stock.

Regards

uschmi

right. But I cannot set the stock of the childs anymore - the field is just blank when I enter the product in backend and is blank again after saving...

Willc

You can see the stock in parent product, open tab 'Custom Field'.

That tab will show details of children products, like this:

Product Name [Product SKU : YOURSKU] [Product in stock : 10]

So you can control stock level, reserved pieces, caused by pending orders still avaliable in child product information status tab.

Regards

khuzemav201

if i replace product.php on my site i am not able to edit any product anymore from backend.
joomla 2.5.14
VM 2.0.22d

can you please help

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart