News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Fast and bulk price and stock change

Started by blans, June 05, 2012, 13:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blans

Testing VM2 now for a couple of months I'm missing some basic workflow features.

The most important are easy price and stock change.

VM 1.5.x had the ability to simply change the price by clicking the yellow price. Why is this lost?

Like my picture shows handy would be to simply change the number of products stock in a little box behind the stocknumber.

Maybe this can already be done easily but then please let me know.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Multilingual VM Webshop
Joomla 1.5.26
VM 1.1.9
Joomfish 2.1.7
Artio JoomSEF 3.8.2
CSVi VM 3.8.1

VM2 has the power of Magento and the usability of Opencart. I just can't get it to do what I managed to do with VM1 for so long...

John2400

HI Blans,

Yep you're right you can't change the price like VM 1 - try this free one.

http://www.virtuemart-bulk-editor.anthonyglover.com/

blans

Haha... Looks very interesting. If you have a solution to change stock quickly on VM1.9 I will certainly buy that. For VM2 I'm still in development phase but this is very reassuring and I will certainly check back when the time comes to update.

Multilingual VM Webshop
Joomla 1.5.26
VM 1.1.9
Joomfish 2.1.7
Artio JoomSEF 3.8.2
CSVi VM 3.8.1

VM2 has the power of Magento and the usability of Opencart. I just can't get it to do what I managed to do with VM1 for so long...

jenkinhill

In VM2 I set a site to manage stock and prices using CSVI export to OpenOffice Calc and then re-import.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

blans

I do exactly the same now for our current VM1.9 site but that's a pretty cumbersome job. Also I can do that but for my colleagues it's difficult. Would be way easier to be able to change some stock in VM itself. We like to check the products that are >10 in stock and quickly change there numbers if they are not correct.

Another scenario is when my colleague tells me he sold a product in the shop yesterday asking me to subtract one from the stock in the webshop. Exporting CSV, opening in Calc and uploading again is a bit more work then just changing the stock like you can with the price in VM1.9. That's also the reason he asks me to do it when he should be able to do it himself if it was just a bit easier.

Multilingual VM Webshop
Joomla 1.5.26
VM 1.1.9
Joomfish 2.1.7
Artio JoomSEF 3.8.2
CSVi VM 3.8.1

yazinc

Yes you can have .

Check this video and let me know if you want to buy this application which update stock prices, discounts in bulk

http://youtu.be/hYPfdYHsyyc

Regards
www.yazinc.net

fastpat27

Hi Folks

I am trialing this bulk editor just for changing prices and is great but I have one problem with it, when there are over 12 products in one category it doesn't show them all to edit. I think they are all listed but it requires a scroll down bar which isn't there. Does anyone know what would be wrong or how I would get support for it. I have emailed the developer but got no response in nearly 2 weeks. It would put me of paying for it after the trial if it's not supported.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
FP

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fastpat27

Hi Jenkinhill
I appreciate what you say but I after getting no response yet from the developer I thought I would see if anyone else had this problem and what they did, or did they get any support from the developer. I was kind of hoping the developer would maybe respond to this too.

Thanks
FP

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

fastpat27

Hi Maxim
I PM'd you the details for privacy reasons, hope that's ok.

Thanks
FP

fastpat27

Hi Guys,
I know this isn't a direct association to VM so I know VM aren't responsible, I just thought I'd ask if anyone else who used this extension had a fix. If no-one has the fix or another simple solution, the client will just have to do each product one at a time. CSVI was suggested but it would be a little complex for my client to do.

What I did manage to do though, was adjust the CSS to make the container displaying the list of products higher, high enough to show all the products in one go so I don't need the scroll bar. This is fine in this case as I don't have that many products. Hope this helps someone.

Thank you anyway
FP

fastpat27

Thanks Maxim, I have made enquires about a couple of your links and await their response, they maybe very useful if they do what I need. A couple of the others are the one I have tried but can't get support.

Appreciate the help
FP

fastpat27

Hi Guys
After fixing the viewing problem with this extension I have now found another little bug which is causing problems. The problem arises with products of £1000 or over as it wants to insert a comma (thousand separator) in the figure, e.g. £1,010. For some reason it sees this comma as a decimal point and will then update the price to £1.01

I have tried looking into the php coding but I am not experienced enough with php and don't know what to look for.

I have tried contacting the extension creator, this was his reply over 3 weeks ago and with a couple of polite reminders I have heard nothing since. "admin - December 5, 2013 at 5:40 am Reply: Thanks for the bug report, I will check the code. Sounds like it's not loading the currency format correctly. I will try and sort it over the weekend."

I have double checked that the British Currency in VM has the thousand separator removed there too, so that's not to blame.

Would anyone possibly know an easy solution, or would maybe some of the coders be willing to look at the coding and see if there is an error in the loading of the currency? Hopefully this is an easy fix for a php expert and I would be greatly appreciative of the help. It's a great wee extension and would be good to get the bugs out.

Thank you
FP