News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Need help on Pagination

Started by petepeith, June 05, 2012, 06:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petepeith

Hi, I made a custom theme and found a problem.
At the bottom on category page the page navigation show like this

StartPrev12NextEnd << there is no space between them

My question is how to make space between them? and I have no idea where to edit these thing in case that I want to customize it to show like 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Thanks in advance!

jenkinhill

Use Firebug to identify which css atyles/files require editing.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

petepeith

Thanks a lot!
Is there anyway the change the word such as Start, Prev, End, Next in other word or use image instead just in case I would like to change its language.

gastonfl

To change next etc, use language manager.
I have the same problem i use inspect element, edit vmsite-ltr.css but still with the same problem, i edit my template and the same. i change the line 181 .vm-pagination ul li{display: inline;} the inline to others but the problem is still there, i cant find a solution anywhere in the web and forum, please help with example.
Thx a lot

jjk

Quote from: gastonfl on August 21, 2012, 17:50:16 PM
To change next etc, use language manager. I have the same problem i use inspect element,
What exactly is your problem? In the frontend pagination the strings Prev, Next, etc. might be from the file ...joomlaroot\language\en-GB\en-GB.ini, which should change to other languages automatically on a multilingual site, if your Joomla language configuration is correct.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

gastonfl

the next answer was for the other user asking.
sorry.
my problem is:
At the top and the bottom on category page the page navigation show like this

StartPrev12NextEnd << there is no space between them

My question is how to make space between them? and I have no idea where to edit these thing in case that I want to customize it to show like 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

i need add something like this <p style="word-spacing: 2em;">
i cant find where, im editing vmsite-ltr.css and my template.css i cant find a solution.
please help. many people with this problem without solution.

Thx

ivus

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty sure we solved it over here... https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104473

Quoteplease help. many people with this problem without solution.

???

gastonfl

Thx for the answer, but is not that, already tried. i use css style from VM, tried both ways.
i need to add something in u1 or paginition. im tried almost everything.

ivus

gastonfl

jjk

In my case the spacing is controlled by one of my two template's css files

.pagenav {
    padding: 2px;

Perhaps you can find something similar (using Firebug really helps to locate such settings)  :)

gastonfl

thx jjk
i edit this line in vmsite-ltr.css
.vm-pagination ul li{display: inline;padding: 2px;}
adding the padding. IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THX

Still have another problem with the same, the navigation is not centered, what i need to add to this line?
Thx

jjk

Just had a look at your link. You can solve your spacing problem in this file:

ttp://just-smile.com.ar/templates/justsmile17083colbpaginatione/css/template.css

Search for this (around line 12 if my Firebug utility is correct) and increase the margin and padding from 0 to 2px for example.

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, a, ul, ol, li {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;

-------------------------------
BTW - you have some jQuery problems/conflicts on your website which you need to solve:
ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined

Update

If you keep your solution in vmsite-ltr.css, add "2px" to the margin in my solution mentioned above in order to center the pagination.

ivus

Hi gastonfl,

firstly you have a javascript error. 'jQuery is not defined'... you'll have to turn it on in the VM config.

vmsite-ltr.css @ line 181

.vm-pagination {display:block; clear:both;}
.vm-pagination ul li{display: inline; border-right:1px solid #000; padding: 0 5px; }
.vm-pagination ul li:last-child{ border-right:none;}

The navigation is centered in my browser?

gastonfl

Thx i tried adding 2px margin, it works but only in firefox, in chrome no.
then i tried deleting line 181 and replace with.
.vm-pagination {display:block; clear:both;}
.vm-pagination ul li{display: inline; border-right:1px solid #000; padding: 0 5px; }
.vm-pagination ul li:last-child{ border-right:none;}

IT WORKS and add a nice touch.

Thx jjk and ivus

do you know what lenguaje file i need to edit to change the word START in navigation, i tried to overlay but doesnt work. are many files es-ES im looking but still not finding.
there is no way to stablish the width of the store in vm 2 , i remember that option in vm 1 ?

The Jquerry was off and i forgot to turn it back on, when i was looking for the problem.