News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[SOLVED]Multilingual does not work?

Started by Ernestine, April 07, 2012, 14:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernestine

Hi,

My website will be multilingual (dutch and english). All menu items works in Dutch and English, good so far.

Only with VM 2.0 it doesn't work. I have set up the webshop in Dutch. Then i added English at configuration 'Multilingual site". So, English and Dutch.
When I want to add an category which will be english  (English-United Kingdom), i got the notification: 'geen (en-gb) vertaling in Artikel categorie.' (no (en-gb) translation in Article category). And then it jumps back to duth.
I then copied an dutch article and translated it into English. Then i want to set the flag to English. I see an English flag, but if i save it, it dissapears and becomes Dutch.

I installed both language files, english and dutch.

What am i doing wrong? Has someone als received this notification?

1 have  VM2.0 and Joomla 2.5. Site: http://www.larosecouture.com/Joomla/

Please, can anyone help me, ive been spending hours to find out why it does not work!

Greetz Ernestine

balai

Hi

Which is your VM version (there are 3 VM2.0 versions)?

Select the language and then start to write to the form
Also check your slug. Keep it in latin characters.

Ernestine

hi,

I use VM 2.0.2.

i already selected the language and i then see an english flag. But when i save it, it returns to Dutch.
In the database i see tables for english en duth, see attachment.
Slug in database: utf8_general_ci.

I also tried: Global Configuration -> Site -> SEO Settings and choose "YES" at the option called "Unicode Alliases". But no effect.

Do u have more tips?

Thanx!

Ernestine

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Ernestine

I,ve found it! Exactly what u said, open category, select language and translate it en then save it. This can be closed!

Ernestine

mark.j

I have the same problem, but with English and French. Could you please be more specific what you found and how you translated the category after saving it first in the original language?

I run Joomla 2.5.4 and VM 2.0.6