News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Paypal shipping address overide setting not working? possible bug?

Started by celticwebs, June 05, 2012, 01:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celticwebs

I'm not 100% that I am understanding this correctly.  What I wanted was for orders to be forced to use delivery/shipping address from the paypal account being used to pay.  So I set "Let buyers override their PayPal addresses?" to NO and I set "Prompt buyers for a shipping address" to YES and Required.

What I expected from here was that the address from paypal would be added to the order as the shipping address, the customer could change the shipping address during the paypal payment but was only able to select addresses already set in the paypal account.  It seems that this either does not function or I was wrong.  Changing the address in the paypal checkout has no effect at all on the address shown as shipping address on the order at all.  It uses either the invoicing address from VM2 or if one was set it uses the shipping address.

Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work or is something not working correctly?

To get PayPal seller protection I need the address from the paypal account to be used so I've stated in my order process that they need to select their shipping address in Paypal payment process.  This is of course currently wrong as it ignores what ever is set in paypal.

Am I doing something wrong?  Have I misunderstood how the payment plugin works or is this a bug ?  Can I get it to work the way I want?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Regards
Huw

celticwebs

I just can't seem to get the settings to have any impact on the actual delivery address at all. It has to be a PayPal address to be covered by the PayPal sellers insurance.

Does anyone have any Idea at all?

lokkyua

How to change shipping address on the order to the one that the buyer has selected in PayPal?