News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[Solved] Mouseover description for product thumbnails

Started by melingmeier, June 03, 2012, 20:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melingmeier

Currently the filename xxx.jpg is shown if I put the cursor over the small thumbnail images in my product-detail view. It would be much nicer if a certain description would be shown instead. In backend there is a small sign in the bottom left angle of each picture for a product ("edit pictureinformation"), but nothing happens if I click on it.

Is there a fix for that?
Virtuemart Version: 3.0.16 on Joomla 3.5.1; php 7

melingmeier

I tried with IE now. Here the buttons for editing pictureinformation works, but only if I fill in the "shown description" field. But a fix description under my picture thumbnail in productdetail view is not what I want. If I fill in the "shown title" field only, the filename is shown with mousover again.

jjk

The issue with the 'Edit image information' icon has been fixed in version 2.0.7d. (if I remember correctly). I'm using the latest delveloper version from SVN and the icon works in Firefox, too.
When you place your mouse over the 'mini thumbnails' in the product details page, it shows the 'Image Alt-Text'.
If you don't want the fix description under your pictures, you can change it in the file ...\components\com_virtuemart\assets\css\vmsite-ltr.css.
Just change
.vm-img-desc{display:block;}
to
.vm-img-desc{display:none;}

...or place an override for this file in your templates/MY_TEMPLATE/css folder
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

melingmeier

Thanks for your fast reply!
Editing the css works..