News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Could not instantiate mail function.

Started by Surenkrish, June 02, 2012, 12:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surenkrish

Could not instantiate mail function...

Am getting this error, soon after confirming the order. but the mail actually sends... but in joomla registration process am not getting this error... J 2.5.1 and V2.03

Surenkrish

panda

hi, maybe, not a bug. Try another mailer in the global configuration your email sender.

r.

Surenkrish

nw i use php mail.. and if i use some other mail in configuration.. the error exist and mail is not sent..

Surenkrish

anyone from support team..?? am stuck wth this error..??

John2400

J 2.5.1 and V2.03 ?

Hi Surenkrish,

I suppose the solution might be to upgrade to joomla 2.5.6 and to VM 2.0.8 as 2.0.3 is a test version?  -
then test an email in joomla first - like in contacts - to see if any mail comes through the joomla system first or even from the server .

sahar

hello there,
i am working on new project with joomla 2.5.4 ,virtuemart 2.0.3. actually i use template for my project which i installed it in localhost wampserver 2.2.i want to use VM Payment plugin standard  in payment method . all steps are working very well except the last step . at the begining it gives me notice that i need to install tcpdf in libraries but didnt change anything in tcpdf_config.php. without changing tcpdf_config.php folder . i installed it after that it gives me
error --> Could not instantiate mail function. 
I am beginner to joomla. can someone help me how can i fix this isssue?

thank you so much in advance
regards,
sahar

Milbo

First use 2.0.8b and not 2.0.3 and you should think twice before using an uneven number. Your problem with the mail is a pure joomla problem.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sahar

Mr Milbo,
u mean after updating everything will be ok? bcoz i scared if i update it then i issue new problem ;D

regards,
sahar

John2400

Hi sahar,

The option is to do a complete backup of your site first. Then- and only then.

update - to the new version and test away.

* if you are not happy then - reinstall the software again ( your whole site)

* another option would be to - make a new folder on the same server - install joomla - the new version then test the contacts through there- thus you will have the best of both to test - -- then install VM there - ? :)

sahar

Mr Milbo,

have a nice day
regards,
sahar

John2400

maybe -  I had this at one stage - when I updated to 2.5.6 joomla - they told me to reinstall the joomla version over the top to get the mail working - but

* my answer was simpler than that - I found that after the update this setting in admin (image) was turned on and it stopped my mail coming through.

how to turn it back on :  http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1241978

It did work?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Surenkrish

my version is J 2.5.1 and VM 2.04.. problem exist..:(

John2400

Ok but did you have a look at what I wrote to see if the safe was off or on?

sahar

Mr Milbo,
I already update it to virtue mart to 2.5.8 . still gives me this error --> Could not instantiate mail function.
help me plz  :(

regards,
sahar