News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[VM 2.0.6] shop administrator issue

Started by panda, May 31, 2012, 12:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panda

Hello,
I'm having problem with the administrator of the shop... the system change it by itself (???)

History... first default admin of the shop, was my joomla superuser.
4 days ago i've set a new super user (the one who will do all the stuff of the store)
Today we discovered the shop was changed to another super user of the system (???)

Actually I have 3 super user on the system... Me, my client and the user (always my client) who will take care of the shop and the website. She didn't touch the shop yet.

Me = A
client = B
shop admin = C

How i changed the shop admin?
I had to do it by MySql table... the system don't allow me to change by the fields of shop tabs (is it correct?) I hope not...
on the first attempt i've deleted me from the super user (A) and the system passed the crown to "B" in auto... yet i was not able to change the crown to the super user "C"

So i've entered the DB and switched the "virtuemart_vendor_id" to 0 of "B" and to 1 of "C"
It was working... the shop tabs were only for C and the system mails of the order for the right address.

Yesterday we made new test orders and C mail was not receiving any instead them were directed to B. In the shop tabs B was became the administrator again in auto.
Now i've switched again by MySQL tables the shop to C

How it's possible that??? It's a bug or what???

I'm using godaddy servers, Operating System: Linux - Hosting Configuration: 2.2 - PHP Version: PHP 5.3 - Data Center: EU Regional
MySQL: 5.0.92-log
Joomla 2.5.4
Virtuemart 2.0.6

Any hint or help would be appreciated

Rob.

Milbo

You mix shopadmin with shop owner.

Your shopowner is still your first superuser. Use the tools to change this.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

panda

Hi Milbo... thx now it's more clear...

configuration > Enable database Update tools
tools > tools & migration > migration tab > set storeowner + new ID & start migration... and done.

thx :)
didn't found any tutorial on this part of virtuemart, You gave me the right hint in wich part of the manual to search :)

rob.