News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

New Users in Administrator not being added to shoppers

Started by Mole, May 31, 2012, 08:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robin.schroeter

Hi Milbo,

Please find the two attachments...as you can see...long list of Joomla Users....short list (only 3) of VM Shoppers. How can I import the Joomla Users to VM2 Shoppers and/or make them visible to be able to edit the details in the background and give them special front end permissions, e.g. assign a VM Shopper Group to them.

Thank you very much.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bazzaz.net

I can confirm that this is also a problem on my site. Users added to Joomla do not appear as Shoppers in VirtueMart. They do however appear when I try and edit a Shopper's info. Once I try and save an error will appear but the hidden Shoppers mysteriously appear.

What's going on here?

Milbo

Okey, I think I must explain this a bit more.

The first idea is that the list in virtuemart is the "shopper" list, while the list of joomla is the "user" list. Shoppers are usually only people who already bought in your shop, therefore we show only people who used the cart or account maintance at least one time.

If a joomla user is logged in, then he is in the default shoppergroup. If there is a non logged user, he is assigned to the anonymous shoppergroup.

Two problems with this:
First: people constantly think that there are "virtuemart users" and "joomla users". There exist no virtuemart users. We have only joomla user and this user can be shoppers. So for most problem here it is not a real problem.
Second: Some people here want that someone is registered to put this user then in another shoppergroup. We do the same on our store, but we let the people register here http://extensions.virtuemart.net/my-account. So they are directly shoppers. Maybe some people here just use the joomla registration and do not know that they should use  the virtuemart address edit view for registering.

The other question is how we can do it better. It could be nice to have a shoppers listed, but it should be visible if they are shoppers, or just users. The next problem is that it is very hard to rebuilt the joomla internals for both versions. Maybe we add a link to the joomla user profile. Usually you do not have to change the joomla permissions and things like this. But this is the next people ask for.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

robin.schroeter

Not at all what we asked for. Believe me, we understand how your system works.

Our programmer created a little tweak which imports all Joomla users to be automatically shoppers in Virtuemart without them having to sign in / register in the front end. This is what my programmer wrote:

I found in VM migration code that VM users doesn't exists before VM2 and in VM2 for users in database was added table *_virtuemart_vmusers*
If joomla user doesn't exists in *_virtuemart_vmusers* they will not be shown in VM shoppers. Need just correctly copy joomla user which isn't exists in *_virtuemart_vmusers* to *_virtuemart_vmusers* that's all - joomla users will be shown in VM shop

I write little script which do this. Script just copy joomla 2.5 users which doesn't exists in VM2 to *_virtuemart_vmusers* table and then they shown in 'Shoppers list'

To run script: just copy in joomla 2.5 root folder dbvm2 (unzip first) and type in browser http://signag.alfahosting.org/sign.ag/dbvm2/showshoppers.php

After script complete work you should remove/delete folder dbvm2.

Hope this helps you guys out...if you want to get in touch with my programmer, Tymur, PM me, he's brilliant.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

mlmpenny

Sorry. But I am lost.

I have about 430 trade customers that I want to register on the site with a specific shoppergroup status (lets call it wholesale), and then send them their log in details by email.

All other user I want to have the default shoppergroup level (which is normal operation).

How do I achieve this?

bobbymilk

getting an issue with this also..
i want to manually add user/customers in joomla backend and then give em a a shopper group in VM directl  so they can see special prices. Then mail them their logininformation.

Tried the script above,, hehe,  worked good but i cant run that script after every registration. is their not a good registrer module exstension to solve it or something?

It cant be necessery to have a wholesale to first buy a item at regular prices so them show up in VM back end. Or..

Milbo

I am sorry, I do not understand the problems. The new version will show now also all joomla users in the vm list. There exists no synchronisation. IF you start todo this, you will create redundant data. We could use for the shoppergroups something like for the products and categories, that would help mlmpenny
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rodfarrell

I found that this issue still exists in 2.0.14 however if you search for the shoppers name it will appear in the list.  In my case I wanted to add the shoppers address myself rather than force them to when they came to the store and was able to do so by searching for the names not showing in any lists by default.

Milbo

lindapowers

We should make users register directly at the account maintenance of Virtuemart?

Watching that VM webpage I see that you use that menu item as the only place where they can log in together with the log in at checkout.

Is that the correct way?

We made it so that users registered via the joomla default register, that is a bad idea no?

The problem for what I see in VM webpage is that you don't use any log in module in any other page of the website so basicly users only log in from those 2 places, if you added a log in module the register will redirect to the joomla default register which is one of the issues we were facing.

EDIT= We placed the account maitenance of VM as the register menu and redirect our login module to that webpage, now everything seems more logical.

Regards

T.A. Garrison, LLC

To add to the problem, when a list is imported to the database, and all fields are correctly in place, neither Joomla nor VM2 will display the data within admin.

I can see over 2,000 users that I imported into the db.
All of the fields are there, although I don't see the username anywhere. The only db field "username" that exists is in Joomla tables.

With all those users it would seem I should see at least 1 of them by editing the created date, or something that would update the user list.
But neither Joomla nor VM2 recognizes the data - even though I'm staring at the data in the correct tables in the VM2 db.

Additionally, I found it very odd that there is no import feature for users/shoppers in VM2. Why not?
It would be so simple to add that functionality, and it's SO important to existing businesses to have their customer list transferred to the new system, I don't understand the logic of not including that ability.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228