News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

cant make custom field for sizes

Started by rflores2323, May 30, 2012, 22:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rflores2323

I am trying to make a custom field for sizes and colors and cannot get this work,  below is how I made it

I am on joomla 2.5.4 and VM 2.0.6

I made a custom field
TITLE color
Published yes
cart attribute yes
desc color
admin no
is a list yes
hidden no

I then go into my product and custom fields and I see the custom field type and chose color but nothing happens.  I do not get anything to be able to add. 

I have the below checked in configuration > templates

virtuemart CSS checked
virtuemart Jquery checked
product scripts checked
using the script ajax countries/regions

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

lipes

i am in trouble with custom fields too...
for what i've read until today you must choose type "cart Variant" ...
then in your product, in the custom field Tab (last tab in right) you must select your "Custom Field Type:" name from the list ..
and then you got it ... save your data and go to front end to test it...

but then maybe you got problems when you add that product to the cart if your sizes have more than 1 price (in that selection)..
my problem is in this point...
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

rflores2323

I have tried that and I still dont get an option to add my sizes in the custom field on the product.  It just says "no custom fields. Please use select list to add some new fields. I select one of the custom fields like size or color and nothing happens. I cant edit or add anything.

lipes

hummm.... try one think to test if your system is working or not:
Install the Sample Data of VM2 and see if is working. Then you could see the structure and copy the same kind of Custom Fields to apply in your website.

PRO

Quote from: rflores2323 on May 30, 2012, 22:55:54 PM
I am trying to make a custom field for sizes and colors and cannot get this work,  below is how I made it

I am on joomla 2.5.4 and VM 2.0.6

I made a custom field
TITLE color
Published yes
cart attribute yes
desc color
admin no
is a list yes
hidden no

I then go into my product and custom fields and I see the custom field type and chose color but nothing happens.  I do not get anything to be able to add. 

I have the below checked in configuration > templates

virtuemart CSS checked
virtuemart Jquery checked
product scripts checked
using the script ajax countries/regions

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

"is a list" is wrong

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.msg298101#msg298101

lipes

BTP, it's possible to have Size "0" in empty field?!
i cant get it work whit that setted with a option for "no Size" (normal product) same price option... :/
the cart give us a different price and i dont know if this is a bug or a problem in config...

also tryed also as a list "0,10,20,50"... but it's the same think than we select "is a list"  ... NO

PRO

what do you mean size 0 in emty field?

You dont have to assign a price for an option.

is a list is NOT what you want.

FOR is a list

You Put

Red;Green;Blue;Yellow    In the "default" of the custom field,

Then you can apply one of them to the product

lipes

"You dont have to assign a price for an option."
Correct. If the product have different Colours, or Sizes, or etc... and got the same price we do not  assign a price for an option....

But in the other hand if we got a product that for have "different Colours, or Sizes, or etc..." with different prices we should assign the price to each option....

So, from what i've now understand is that we can only assign Custom Field "as a list" for words options (Red;Green;Blue;Yellow) without a price... and check as a 'Cart Variant' too.
The result is that we'll have a colour as default, a default Size, etc..

But if we're working with price (without "list") we ever get the same price in the selection... even if we try to add a new field with that "0" value... (empty field)...
Maybe i am not explain in the correct way..

But, please dont you could see the website that i've posted before?
William Shakespeare remixing: "Is a bug or not a bug ... thats the question"? :-/

PRO

Quote from: lipes on May 31, 2012, 19:39:09 PM
"You dont have to assign a price for an option."
Correct. If the product have different Colours, or Sizes, or etc... and got the same price we do not  assign a price for an option....

But in the other hand if we got a product that for have "different Colours, or Sizes, or etc..." with different prices we should assign the price to each option....

So, from what i've now understand is that we can only assign Custom Field "as a list" for words options (Red;Green;Blue;Yellow) without a price... and check as a 'Cart Variant' too.
The result is that we'll have a colour as default, a default Size, etc..

But if we're working with price (without "list") we ever get the same price in the selection... even if we try to add a new field with that "0" value... (empty field)...
Maybe i am not explain in the correct way..

But, please dont you could see the website that i've posted before?
William Shakespeare remixing: "Is a bug or not a bug ... thats the question"? :-/

I am not understanding, at all.

"is a list" gives you a "list" dropdown on the backend.

rflores2323

I have installed the sample data and now see the custom fields entries on the sample products.  I still however cannot get it to show up when I add a new product.  I try to add one of the sample custom fields and nothing. 

Can we chat maybe and I can give you access to the backend of my site so you can check it out.

Would be greatly appreciated.

PRO

rflores2323, do you see the dropdown of custom fields in the "custom fields" tab?

rflores2323

yes I do see the drop down in the custom fields tab in products.

PRO

Quote from: rflores2323 on May 31, 2012, 23:38:35 PM

and what happens when you apply it?

rflores2323

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on June 01, 2012, 13:30:35 PM

Nothing.  I apply the custom field from the drop down menu and nothing happens. I cant edit or anything.  I try to save the drop down menu item and hit save and still nothing happens.

PRO

Quote from: rflores2323 on June 01, 2012, 14:15:06 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on June 01, 2012, 13:30:35 PM

Nothing.  I apply the custom field from the drop down menu and nothing happens. I cant edit or anything.  I try to save the drop down menu item and hit save and still nothing happens.

you have a javascript conflict