[SOLVED] SEO SEF routing with multiple languages goes to 404 errors

Started by ereallstaff, May 30, 2012, 12:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ereallstaff

my website is www.modacalcio.it and you can see by your self

I have set all main menu ( on top ) as normal joomla 2.5 menu voices listed as a single category

in #__menu table it sets alias and path . Path is set wrongly. Let's do an example:

~~~~~~~~~New menu voice. ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name -- League
Language -- English
Alias -- search-football-shirt-by-league
Level -- Main
Link -- index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=categories&virtuemart_category_id=314

~~~~~~ On Database ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
path --- campionato/serie-a/search-football-shirt-by-league/suche-produkt-nach-liga/serie-a/Ligue/serie-a   ---> ?? mixed language with a sub category wrongly in - It uses all other alias of same category in other languages
All the rest remains the same

~~~~~~~~~New menu SUB voice. ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name -- English League
Language -- English
Alias -- search-football-shirt-by-premier-league-english-league
Level -- Under League ( previously created voice ) 
Link --  index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=306

~~~~~~ On Database ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
path --- serie-a/Ligue/serie-a/suche-produkt-nach-liga/search-football-shirt-by-league/serie-a/campionato/search-football-shirt-by-premier-league-english-league/sconti-maglie-calcio-liga-spagnola/suche-fussball-trikot-rabatt-nach-spanien-liga-team/spanish-Ligue-football-maillots-rabais  ---> ?? Again mixed language with a sub with parent alias in all languages and also child alias in all languages . Also other category alias is used!

All the rest remains the same

Obviously the router returns a 404 error clicking in

I tried:

Manually modify the database of the child category, to match the alias with the one I put in

but it retrieves always the same virtuemart category :

// file -- /home/giuseppe/homeProj/ModaFinala/components/com_virtuemart/router.php   -- line 374
$helper->compareKey($view,'orders') || $helper->activeMenu->view == 'orders'   ( // retrieves always the category 295! )

BUG or mine configuration problems?

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

jjk

Quote from: ereallstaff on May 30, 2012, 12:10:55 PM
BUG or mine configuration problems?

Looks more like a multilingual configuration problem, not a VM2 bug (My bilingual J2.5.4/VM2 2.0.x works nicely)
Maybe also a problem with your GA Template not doing the multilingual menu correctly.

For a start, you can check your settings against this:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101280.msg335740#msg335740
Note that it is required to have a separate Joomla menu (both, for Joomla content and shop content) for each language and a menu item for each Virtuemart category in all of your languages.
So if you have 5 shop categories in your italian ("it" language tag to be set in the Joomla menu configuration) menu, you need the same 5 shop categories in your english ("en" language tag) menu.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

ereallstaff

Hello and thanks for your reply

I have already one menu item for each menu category . I don't know about GK problem, as the path inside category and the route isn't done by normal virtuemart classes?

I will try follow the guide written also if at first look I have done same things here and also to contact gavick
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

ereallstaff

Another update

manually modifying the field path  of #__menu table putting only the language involved it works , not alwatys but for most categories

in my opinion remains a bug when going to save a new menu item in joomla / administrator that may incurr with multiple languages together with a virtuemart category ( both if I chooose " single category " or " categories list " that frankly I cannot distinguish the behaviour . In this case it generates a wrong long multiple lang path that brings the error

Thanks to everybody

jjk

I remember that some time ago I had a faulty menu entry in the Joomla 2.5.4 menu table, which produced wrong urls. I manually had to delete it from the database table and then set up a new menu item in Joomla in order to get it working correctly. Perhaps you have something similar.

ereallstaff

Quote from: jjk on June 05, 2012, 17:54:39 PM
I remember that some time ago I had a faulty menu entry in the Joomla 2.5.4 menu table, which produced wrong urls. I manually had to delete it from the database table and then set up a new menu item in Joomla in order to get it working correctly. Perhaps you have something similar.

Everytime I save the path is calculated wrong, and gives me all that troubles.

With more investigation it's something related to the    JRoute::_(     method to build the url, or at least I had a similar problem with the search_module , that I fixed removing the Jroute and put a fixed url with no languages

jjk

ereallstaff

Not still

I wish to go live first, and I momentanously solved modified by hand the path field of that category, without using upper case letters and no space

it seems to works at least

sadrem

Hello,
I have site 2 languages and didn't have  any problem.
I think You missed up something in configuration.
If You don't want problems Remember the rule for joomla 2.5 multilingual site : every object (menu, menu item, module , article, category article...) must have language defined.

About 404 error : set absolute path  in joomla for log and tmp path. I mean not "/tmp" but "/home/public_html_..../tmp" 

Regards.
p.s. Do not forget to change message icon to Solved.

ereallstaff

It was the Jroute method giving troubles in the template overrides

Removing this rule and editing by hand the values of patch in #_menu table it worked

Thanks