[SOLVED] Product custom fields: related products not shown with thumbs nor saved

Started by ChristianBrand, May 29, 2012, 21:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristianBrand

System:
Databaseversion: 5.5.20
Database-charset: utf8_general_ci
PHP-Version: 5.3.10
Webserver: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
PHP-Interface for Webserver: cgi-fcgi
Joomla!-Version: Joomla! 2.5.4 Stable [ Ember ] 2-April-2012 14:00 GMT

VirtueMart:
Version 2.0.6

When trying to define a related product or category, the frames for the thumbs of the (related) product (category) do appear, when typing in the first characters of the name (and as some disappear, while typing more and more characters, obviously the correct ones come up - when the full name of one product is typed in, only one remains). Unfortunately nothing is contained in these frames: no thumbnail, nor any text (name of the product/category). When clicking onto any of these empty thumbnails, it seems to be taken over, but ...when clicking on "save" the message "product saved" appears and the related product is away. I took a look into the database and found out: there had not been any entry in the table "prefix_virtuemart_product_relations". So I had the idea to do that manually and I did enter "id", "virtuemart_product_id" and as "related_products" the desired related product-id and saved that. I did expect the related product to appear within the productdescription under "custom fields" >related products now, but there did not appear anything. Has anyone an idea, what's going wrong? Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Christian

[attachment cleanup by admin]

portugas

aka.deton

kkulshreshtha

Hi,

I am also having EXACTLY the same problem. I am using Joomla 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.10

Please let me know if there is a solution that exist

djbeemer

I'm having the exact same problem. J 2.5.7 and VM 2.0.10.

VM2 is becoming such a head ache. I have yet to setup a production site as needed by the client with VM2 because of these kind of little niggling issues.

Has anyone made any progress with this?

I don't mind updating the database tables manually at this stage but surely the dev team must look into this?

NRE

Ok, I've found a fix.
I've notice that in my table virtuemart_customs 2 records was deleted (I'm come from a migration):

- COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS with type "R"
- COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES with type "Z"

Added this two record and everything works fine now ;)

YEAAAAAHHHH!

padalec

Hi NRE,

I have exactly the same problem, but I can't understand your solution.

Do i need to add records in database? And if so, how?

p.s.: I also migrated the shop.

Thanks