News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multiple prices per product per shopper group

Started by dolbynr, May 29, 2012, 14:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dolbynr

VM2.0.7 D

This is a well known issue, mentioned again and again in this forum. It is restated here because so far I have not seen a definate answer anywhere else.
This issue is crucial for most of my clients and therefore is a deal breaker when it comes to VM2.

Let me elaborate.

In VM1.x you were able to go in a product and add multiple prices which you could then assign to different shopper groups. In VM2 there no such capability.
The reason this is needed is simple. My clients have several different prices per product, one for each shopper group. These prices are not somehow connected to each other or in any other way related. There is no way to derive one price from another nor are some prices ratios of others. I am being repetitive here because I have read workarounds in this forum, such as the override price workaround etc and I think I am very specific when I say that THIS WILL NOT DO.

The only way to satisfy my clients' needs is if I can somehow add multiple prices to products and then assign them to different shoppers, via shopper groups or some other method.

To be clear, I am not talking about just two different prices. In VM1 you could add as many prices as were necessary and assign them to as many shopper groups as were needed. The same functionality needs to exist in VM2.

The reason for this topic is that I would like a clear answer as to if and when the virtuemart team intends to implement this in VM2. I have read most relevant threads and as it seems there is a real need for this feature to exist.

Thank you for your time and patience.

sadrem

p.s. Do not forget to change message icon to Solved.

vagpapak

This is definitely a very important feature that is missing from VM2. Most of e-shops have multiple prices for each product. Different price for different shopper group. These prices are very often not related to each other.(eg Price for wholesale may not be a fixed percent of the default price).

Moreover, what is the point of using the migration tool from vm1 to vm2 if you can not migrate the prices of the product?? Actually, if you can not assign different prices to different shopper groups per product then you can not migrate your site at all.
Furthermore, could somebody let me know what is the reason of the existence of the field "virtumart_shoppergroup_id" in the table "virtuemart_product_prices "?? How does this field work?

I tried to use override price but it does not work right when you add the product to the shopping cart.

It would be very important if someone from the development team could give us an answer on whether or not they will add a new plugin or something else with which we will be able to deal with prices as in vm1.

Nijssen

i totaly agree, the fact that multiple prices is remove is a BIG showstopper for Virtuemart. 3 of my clients are effected in NOT updating to VM2+

i hope it will be back.... ( sounds like swarsenegger as the terminator )

best regards,

John

sadrem

Is it difficult to develop ? May we all need to donate to virtuemart team and they will develop it in near version?

Milbo

The feature is "prepared".

That means we use an extra table for the prices, so we just need to combine that with the shoppergroups. Maybe 3 days of work.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sadrem

WOW.

How can we help to include this developing in the near version release ?
Many people waiting for it.
May be we will pay for that developing to quicker the process ?

Critical feature. Can't update old sites.
Please help.

dolbynr

Quote from: Milbo on May 31, 2012, 13:24:12 PM
The feature is "prepared".

That means we use an extra table for the prices, so we just need to combine that with the shoppergroups. Maybe 3 days of work.

Milbo,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

So the tables are there, the database schema has the potential to support the feature we want, its just a matter of writing the code. "Maybe 3 days of work". Does this mean we will have an update in three days, or that you will start working on it in the near future and when you start working on it, it will just take three days to be implemented? A time frame would really be helpful.

In any case, it seems that the feature will be implemented one way or another, which is good news.

FilipeRuivo

Any solution for this?

This feature is really useful.

sadrem

Hello to everybody.
We need to collect 500 Euro and Virtuemart team will agreed to insert this feature into Virtuemart 2 core.

sadrem

genetica_multimedia

If we are in 10 and everybody donate 50€ we do it.

sadrem

I think we are more than 1000 and may donate 10
I suggest to virtuemart team  to build something like
paypal thermometr to see progress
but didn't get answer

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/donations/3589
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/donations/6843
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/donations/7094

How we can do it people?

dolbynr

Quote from: sadrem on June 05, 2012, 14:57:56 PM
Hello to everybody.
We need to collect 500 Euro and Virtuemart team will agreed to insert this feature into Virtuemart 2 core.

I would like someone from the VirtueMart team to validate this. Also, I would like to know what it means. Will this feature be added sooner if we donate or will it not be added at all if we don't?

sadrem

No reaction. Does anyone know is this feature in redshop?