Upgrade VM 1.1.8 in Joomla 1.5.26 to VM 2.0.6 in Joomla 2.5.4 with SP-Upgrade

Started by GVerheij, May 29, 2012, 10:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GVerheij

Hi, after several attemps with other approaches, also from this forum and with the "use" of JUpgrade (I don't like Jupgrade, you always end with a corrupted site), I upgraded my VM1 in J15 to VM2 in J25 as follows:

1. Make a backup of all _VM_ tables of your VM1.1.9-Webshop in PHPMyAdmin and store them in an SQL-file. Before I did this I copied my production-website to a development-environment with Akeeba Backup/Kickstart and upgraded from Virtuemart 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 by FTP-ing the files of the patch-package to the correspsonding directories (/administrator/components/com_virtuemart and /components/com_virtuemart).

2. Install a new, clean Joomla 2.5.4 in a new environment. Use a new database and select MySQLi for the database-type. Do not install sample data!
3. Install the language-files for the language you use in the description of your products in VM. Set this language as default in the language-manager.
4. Install SP-Upgrade from Cyend (look here: http://cyend.com/extensions/extensions/components/5-upgrade-joomla-from-15-to-16)
5. Now perform the migration of Joomla with SP-Upgrade. It pulls all articles, categories, menu's etc from your J15x-site and does not change anything in the J15x-site. Important: DO NOT Upgrade Modules, see the picture for the settings of SP-Upgrade:

6. With FTP, copy all your shop-images (category, manufacturer, product, vendor) from /components/com_virtuemart/shop_image in your old J15/VM119-site to the new J25-site in the target directory: images/stories/virtuemart in the right subfolders.
7. With PHPAdmin, import the old VM119-tables into the MySQLi-database of the new J25x-installation. Off course, use the SQL-file, you created in step 1, for this.
8. Install the latest version of Virtuemart (2.0.6 at this time) with the Joomla-installer in J254 and also the AIO-component.
9. Perform the upgrade of the old _VM_tables of VM1.1.9 with the migration-tools in VM2.0.6. You can start at step 9 of the following -very easy and clear- step-by-step guide for the migration: http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/virtuemart-11-to-version-2/
10. Check that all your products, categories are there in VM 2.0.6
11. Make the correct changes in the configuration of VM 2.0.6.

12 I hade to correctly configure the vendor (which is me off course, but I could not update the shop-configuration, I got error message: vmError: User name in use.) I solved that by creating a new user for myself in the User Manager of Joomla 2.5.4 and recall the ID in the User Mgr. Then, go to Virtuemart --> Tools --> Tools & Migration (I assume you still have "Enable Database Update Tools" enabled in your Shop-configuration). Choose "Set Store Owner" as the Task for migration, then fill in the ID in the field "Write here the new storeowner id", unselect other fields and press migrate.

Off course, now you have to setup the new VM2.0.6 modules and perform the changes to the template etc etc. These steps you had to perform anyway, the advantage is now, that you start with a clean J254-installation with no rubbish from your old webshop in J15...

When your new VM-2.0.6 in Joomla 2.5.4 is ready in your test-environment, copy it back to your production-environment with Akeeba Backup/Restore (kickstart)

This worked for me, please reply to this topic to let me know it worked for you as well. Any tips to improve this approach are appreciated...

Gerard

[attachment cleanup by admin]

madscotsman

Hi there!

I tried migrating from a Joomla 1.5.26 site with Virtuemart 1.1.9 to a new installation of Joomla 2.5.4 with Virtuemart 2.06. The images and articles migrated ok, but when I came to migrate the products and categories, I get several error messages as follows

vmError: VmTableData Sef Alias in record is missing ! Can't save the record with no Sef Alias.
vmError: port Products db error Table 'nav-e-gate4less_co_uk_-_Demo_2_5.n25_vm_product' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT *,`p`.product_id as product_id FROM `n25_vm_product` AS `p` LEFT JOIN `n25_vm_product_price` ON `n25_vm_product_price`.`product_id` = `p`.`product_id` LEFT JOIN `n25_vm_product_mf_xref` ON `n25_vm_product_mf_xref`.`product_id` = `p`.`product_id` WHERE (`p`.product_id) IS NOT NULL GROUP BY `p`.product_id ORDER BY `p`.product_parent_id LIMIT 0,1000
vmError: port Products db error SELECT *,`p`.product_id as product_id FROM `#__vm_product` AS `p` LEFT JOIN `#__vm_product_price` ON `#__vm_product_price`.`product_id` = `p`.`product_id` LEFT JOIN `#__vm_product_mf_xref` ON `#__vm_product_mf_xref`.`product_id` = `p`.`product_id` WHERE (`p`.product_id) IS NOT NULL GROUP BY `p`.product_id ORDER BY `p`.product_parent_id LIMIT 0,1000
vmError: port Orders db error Table 'nav-e-gate4less_co_uk_-_Demo_2_5.n25_vm_orders' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT `o`.*, `op`.*, `o`.`order_number` as `vm1_order_number`, `o2`.`order_number` as `nr2`,`o`.order_id FROM `n25_vm_orders` as `o` LEFT OUTER JOIN `n25_vm_order_payment` as `op` ON `op`.`order_id` = `o`.`order_id` LEFT JOIN `n25_virtuemart_orders` as `o2` ON `o2`.`order_number` = `o`.`order_number` WHERE (o2.order_number) IS NULL ORDER BY o.order_id LIMIT 0,1000
vmError: port Orders db error SELECT `o`.*, `op`.*, `o`.`order_number` as `vm1_order_number`, `o2`.`order_number` as `nr2`,`o`.order_id FROM `#__vm_orders` as `o` LEFT OUTER JOIN `#__vm_order_payment` as `op` ON `op`.`order_id` = `o`.`order_id` LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_orders` as `o2` ON `o2`.`order_number` = `o`.`order_number` WHERE (o2.order_number) IS NULL ORDER BY o.order_id LIMIT 0,1000

It would seem that some of the tables in virtuemart haven't been created. I don't just want to go ahead and create these tables without some form of guidance as I'm not 100% sure how to do this correctly in phpmyadmin. Any advise on this??

spyderwebdesign

DO NOT UPGRADE to 2.0.6 yet

There are TONS of features missing that exist in 1.1.9 and there are a ton of bugs at this point.

vmarte

Quote from: spyderwebdesign on June 17, 2012, 05:50:49 AM
DO NOT UPGRADE to 2.0.6 yet

There are TONS of features missing that exist in 1.1.9 and there are a ton of bugs at this point.

fix it need a long time ?
peace
vm
Why A Forum If No Share

javerleo

Quote from: GVerheij on May 29, 2012, 10:17:09 AM
Hi, after several attemps with other approaches, also from this forum and with the "use" of JUpgrade (I don't like Jupgrade, you always end with a corrupted site), I upgraded my VM1 in J15 to VM2 in J25 as follows:

1. Make a backup of all _VM_ tables of your VM1.1.9-Webshop in PHPMyAdmin and store them in an SQL-file. Before I did this I copied my production-website to a development-environment with Akeeba Backup/Kickstart and upgraded from Virtuemart 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 by FTP-ing the files of the patch-package to the correspsonding directories (/administrator/components/com_virtuemart and /components/com_virtuemart).

2. Install a new, clean Joomla 2.5.4 in a new environment. Use a new database and select MySQLi for the database-type. Do not install sample data!
3. Install the language-files for the language you use in the description of your products in VM. Set this language as default in the language-manager.
4. Install SP-Upgrade from Cyend (look here: http://cyend.com/extensions/extensions/components/5-upgrade-joomla-from-15-to-16)
5. Now perform the migration of Joomla with SP-Upgrade. It pulls all articles, categories, menu's etc from your J15x-site and does not change anything in the J15x-site. Important: DO NOT Upgrade Modules, see the picture for the settings of SP-Upgrade:

6. With FTP, copy all your shop-images (category, manufacturer, product, vendor) from /components/com_virtuemart/shop_image in your old J15/VM119-site to the new J25-site in the target directory: images/stories/virtuemart in the right subfolders.
7. With PHPAdmin, import the old VM119-tables into the MySQLi-database of the new J25x-installation. Off course, use the SQL-file, you created in step 1, for this.
8. Install the latest version of Virtuemart (2.0.6 at this time) with the Joomla-installer in J254 and also the AIO-component.
9. Perform the upgrade of the old _VM_tables of VM1.1.9 with the migration-tools in VM2.0.6. You can start at step 9 of the following -very easy and clear- step-by-step guide for the migration: http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/virtuemart-11-to-version-2/
10. Check that all your products, categories are there in VM 2.0.6
11. Make the correct changes in the configuration of VM 2.0.6.

12 I hade to correctly configure the vendor (which is me off course, but I could not update the shop-configuration, I got error message: vmError: User name in use.) I solved that by creating a new user for myself in the User Manager of Joomla 2.5.4 and recall the ID in the User Mgr. Then, go to Virtuemart --> Tools --> Tools & Migration (I assume you still have "Enable Database Update Tools" enabled in your Shop-configuration). Choose "Set Store Owner" as the Task for migration, then fill in the ID in the field "Write here the new storeowner id", unselect other fields and press migrate.

Off course, now you have to setup the new VM2.0.6 modules and perform the changes to the template etc etc. These steps you had to perform anyway, the advantage is now, that you start with a clean J254-installation with no rubbish from your old webshop in J15...

When your new VM-2.0.6 in Joomla 2.5.4 is ready in your test-environment, copy it back to your production-environment with Akeeba Backup/Restore (kickstart)

This worked for me, please reply to this topic to let me know it worked for you as well. Any tips to improve this approach are appreciated...

Gerard

This was the only guide that worked. There are a lot of old Joomla 1.5 + VM1 to be migrated.

Thanks !!!

jamesgan

Thank you so much for posting this - it worked well for me. I used RedMigration to migrate joomla and then followed your steps for VM.