News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How can I add a procedure for a check when the user hits add-to-cart

Started by vigier, May 27, 2012, 03:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigier

Hi,

I want to add a sort of check on the options before an item can be added to the cart. Some products have 2 custom_text_plugin fields where the user must fill in the dimensions of the product that he wants. What I want to check before an item is added:

• Are both fields filled with correct values (integer)?
  • The dimensions may not exceed 1000x1600. I can't integrate this in the plugin, since I have to check both fields at once. That's because 1600x1000 is also valid.
After it has checked the fields:

• If everything is fine, just add it to the cart
  • If it's not fine, show a modal form/popup that tells you what's wrong. After closing that popup, the user can change them to correct values.

I think I have to add something to default_addtocart.php...Does anybody know how to do this?

vigier

Hi,

been searching around myself a little more and found the components\com_virtuemart\helpers\cart.php. There is the check for the quantity and it can also show a popup.
So to see there is also access to alle the fields of product that's being added. Don't see how to get access to the custom fields, but I might find that out to.

I think I have to create a similar function like checkForQuantities with a possible false return value and add this new function as an extra check to the add function?
Am I right?

But that's something for tomorrow, it's 4 in the morning over here...