News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Template Not Showing After Hosting Account Change

Started by ambservices, May 25, 2012, 23:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambservices

I have moved several Joomla sites over to my new Rackspace hosting account.  All went flawlessly.  The latest one, not so much.  Here's my issue:

The site/files/database are all online.  I have checked the permissions on various directorys, all set correctly.  I have even turned off the seo urls.  The VM product images ARE showing, however, the TEMPLATE to the site is not showing.  All the pages just load up the content on a blank white page, no header, no footer, no styling, etc.  It's as if the template doesn't exist.

I've tried some of the other fixes on the forum - please know that I am an experienced web designer and wouldn't post this if I weren't completely desperate - I know how to search forums for answers and have found several here that seem to be sort of the same but the fixes don't seem to make a difference (i.e. editing the configuration.php & virtuemart.cfg.php files).

Please help!

jenkinhill

Do you mean the Joomla template or the VirtueMart view templates? Did you use Akeeba to move the site?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ambservices

The joomla template. 

Here is the test link (New Location): http://www.flooring-nc.com.php53-3.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/
Here is the live site (Old Location): http://www.flooring-nc.com/

It does not display the template at all, but displays the content.displays the content of some pages, some pages it gives me a internal server error.

PRO

view source. and you see major problems

<script language="php"> include("homehead.html") </script>
<script language="php"> include("top.html") </script>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ambservices

Huh.  Not sure how that happened.  Basically I downloaded via ftp the files, used phpmyadmin to export the database.  Then uploaded the files to the new host.  I did make edits to the configuration file to connect to the new hosting account and database.

Do you know what would have caused this?  Especially since the old location site is working perfectly?

PRO

Quote from: ambservices on June 01, 2012, 17:05:49 PM
Huh.  Not sure how that happened.  Basically I downloaded via ftp the files, used phpmyadmin to export the database.  Then uploaded the files to the new host.  I did make edits to the configuration file to connect to the new hosting account and database.

Do you know what would have caused this?  Especially since the old location site is working perfectly?

why not use akeebah backup?

FTP causes many errors like this

ambservices

I have rackspace, and for some reason I always get errors when trying to install akeeba on it.  I've installed it on the old site and ran a backup already.  Just can't get to a place where I can restore it on  the new host.

jenkinhill

Just ftp the .jpa backup package and a copy of kickstart.php to the new server,open your browser and go to yourdomain.com/kickstart.php 

You don't "install" Akeeba on the server.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ambservices

Ok, I have used Akeeba successfully.   What is odd is that some pages have the full theme applied.  See http://www.flooring-nc.com.php53-3.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/design-ideas.htm

But others have that weird script with no stylesheet applied.

What is funny is that the virtue mart pages are fine!!!  Its the regular joomla pages that are messed up.

Any suggestions?  You all have been very helpful thus far.

PRO

amb, have you tried cleaning the cache? disabling the gzip plugin?

ambservices

I just tried cleaning the cache, only there is nothing listed on the cache page.  I could not find a gzip plugin installed.  I've also tried disabling the seo links as well, then re-enabling.

PRO

the problem is going to be in the template

try another template and you will see it works