(Solved) Custom Fields (Cart Variant) checkout, Incorrect Custom Value in Order

Started by lipes, May 25, 2012, 14:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srseale

A further update to my previous post...

Joomla 2.5.6
VM 2.0.7f
PHP 5.3.14

Re-installed VM 2.0.7f with Milo's new customfields.php file.  There is a dramatic improvement in the results.

The Cart contains all of the customfields and results (there is a problem which I will describe below).
The Confirmation e-mail contains all of the customfields and results.
The Order contains all of the customfields and results.

The formatting is greatly improved with each customfield and result on a separate line (again, thank you Milo).

It is again possible to add or alter customfields on products.

In fact, if it wasn't for 1 problem, it would be quite complete, I believe.

The "remaining" problem has to do with custom input fields (the custom input plugin).  I have 4 of these fields.  Anything entered in the first field is replicated in the others.  If I enter data in the other fields, they all become a seemingly random collection of data and customfield titles.  This is consistent in the Cart, Confirmation e-mail and Order.  Its a mess.  I will try to get an image of it for you tomorrow.  It may be related to the Custom Input field thread which I will investigate further tomorrow.

I hope this information proves helpful to the others out there.  If you are not using the custom input plugin, you may be able to make use of Milo's customfields file and 2.0.7f to get you going.

Best to all.

John2400

Confirming that I cannot alter the variants - I cannot add a new Variant to any product. version H

* my test site is the complete version of VM2 with test products only. -

thanks

John2400

Update :  Version I
Yes the variant is now in the cart:  ( solved)

* I can add a variant to a product again( solved)
* the Variant does not go to the email of  the seller or buyer - (solved)

But the emails to the buyer and seller are exactly the same? two emails but with two different email addresses. The one that is missing is the vendors (it is an exact copy of the buyers)
* I'm sure the vendors email said something like - dear (my website ) you have an order etc . - I've checked them twice and the  Hello ( someone is exactly the same name to the seller and vendor) -please some one check that for me . (  solved)

The Cart ( solved)
I think it hangs because it is looking for the variant and the email configuration.   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I get to the cart : and confirm the order -If it has a variant in the order.
Then the  page freezes and does not redirect to confirm the order goes through It says :
http://mywebsite.com.au/index.php/cart/confirm   

When I hit - enter after a few minutes I am returned to the large cart with the cart still showing all products - Although the order email does come through. ( cart does not clear) ( Solved)

I solved the redirection by turning off disabled the SEO - in VM .

My settings in Joomla are image one - my setting is VM are image two . So by disabling it it worked.  Why ? I have no idea as I have several sites - all with the same settings and they have no issue.  I hope that helps some one.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

lipes

cant install the I version .... of the "aio" file..
says: "There was an error uploading this file to the server."

even using the Installation from tmp Directory ...
says: "Please enter a package directory"
and doesnt work ... :/

i've instaled the 7zip and then uncompressed the file to a directory
to compress again to .tar and then again to .GZip ...

I dont have SMTP, POp3 configuration in my localhost to test that emails relations between the VM / costumer / vendor / etc ...
Your question it's important! :)
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

Zer0g

I agree with John2400...
Custom fields work normally now.

Thank you

John2400

florenz

Not solved for me. Version 2.0.8.e. I can not remove a product with attributes. I can only remove it by updating quantity to 0.