News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpenGlobal

Quote from: sandstorm on September 25, 2013, 14:44:46 PM
When using stockable variants, we cant seem to use multiple prices easily.
I want to add a special price for s special shopper group for all my products. 

Shopper groups are not supported in the stockable variants plugin.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

sandstorm

Quote from: OpenGlobal on September 25, 2013, 15:08:00 PMShopper groups are not supported in the stockable variants plugin.
Is there any way to get this to work or get it supported?
It seems pretty daft that you can set these products up and then use the shopper group functions?

I have got it working manually by, manually reordering products, so that default price always shows last, This then works, but I cant manually reorder these for 1000's of products

EDIT

I have managed to get this working now, so feel free to close this topic.

Deleted all prices
Imported all prices 3 times for - Anonymous, Default & Shopper group
Set up shopper group (and leave checkbox to display prices)

Then when not logged in, logged in as regular shopper or special shopper group, everyone see's there own correct prices.
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

OpenGlobal

Only by reprogramming the plugin yourself. Shopper groups weren't a part of VM when this plugin was first created and it was literally only meant to deal with stock control.

If you use the Generic child variant instead of the stockable plugin, it will handle shopper groups no problem, but you won't have the ajax dropdowns. (Not until I add that functionality to the Generic Child Variant for the 2.2 release anyway).

OpenGlobal E-commerce

khuzemav201

I have few troubles with  stockable variants plugin with  Joomla 2.5.14 and Virtuemart 2.0.22d

• The parent stock is not updated when i change children stock (parent stock stays to 0 even with 9 children items availables) - this is resolved after editing product.php file with refrence to file given in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103561.0
  • After adding a product in cart, if there isn't available stock anymore, the "add to cart" button is still here but on click it says 0 product added in cart. I would like to see "notify me " instead of button... jquery doesn't update status
  • jquery doesn't update product sku on selecting product from list or update stock quantity of that particular product

here is a link of one of my product for example : http://mgeezz.com/bags-and-purses/fashion-handbag-4235-detail.html

in the above product in dropdown / child product: product CF-150 have 0 in stock / product CF-120 have 5 in stock / product CF-142 have 5 in stock
but on selecting any of the product from list neither sku updates nor stock of that particular product. and if i select product CF-150 which is 0 in stock the button does not change to notify me but remains add to cart.

can you please help me on this, your help is very much appreciated.
thanx in advance

OpenGlobal

Quote from: khuzemav201 on September 26, 2013, 07:28:26 AM
The parent stock is not updated when i change children stock (parent stock stays to 0 even with 9 children items availables)

That is correct, otherwise your total stock would be twice as much as you actually have.

After adding a product in cart, if there isn't available stock anymore, the "add to cart" button is still here but on click it says 0 product added in cart. I would like to see "notify me " instead of button... jquery doesn't update status

You need to set that option in Configuration > Configuration > Shopfront > Action when a Product is Out of Stock

jquery doesn't update product sku on selecting product from list or update stock quantity of that particular product

That is correct. The plugin doesn't know where the product SKU appears on your template so it can't update that data. This plugin is not design to be a replacement for the Generic Cart Variant, it is literally just to add stock control to a dropdown option.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

farangprod

Quote from: OpenGlobal on September 30, 2013, 23:02:35 PM
That is correct, otherwise your total stock would be twice as much as you actually have.
anyway, it doesn't work for me...
i have 18 children with 2 options (6 choices and 3 choices) with 2 products in stock for each.
normally i could add in cart every product in stock.... i can only add 2 .
after that, even when i choose another option it add none in cart.
i did many test and what i found is:
the stock of products refers to the first option selected product only and for adding or not, it compares his available stock with the number of children allready in cart (even if it's not the same product).
example:

children products:

1. kite 4m² black : 2 in stock
2. kite 4m² white : 2 in stock
3. kite 8m² black : 4 in stock
4. kite 8m² white : 4 in stock

if i add in cart 2 product 1. :
can't add product 2.
can add only 2 product 3. or 4.

if i add in cart 2 product 1. and 2 product 3.
can't had product 2.
can't add more product 3.
can't add product 4.

You need to set that option in Configuration > Configuration > Shopfront > Action when a Product is Out of Stock

it's allready done... i choose "send a message when availibity" (not sure of the exact sentence... i have it in french)
from the example above, if i add in cart 2 product 1.
Normally, the addtocart button have to disappear and the the link "send me a message..." must be shown, no?
instead of this, the addtocart button is still there and onclick the modal says "0 item add in cart"

That is correct. The plugin doesn't know where the product SKU appears on your template so it can't update that data. This plugin is not design to be a replacement for the Generic Cart Variant, it is literally just to add stock control to a dropdown option.

it doesn't matter where is the SKU is in the template, just have to identify sku var with an id and it will be easy to find it and replace it.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: roojai on October 04, 2013, 04:46:51 AM
I have added the code (from page 14) to get the child product weight added to the cart, but actually my problem is the opposite:

The changes from Page 14 were for an old version of VirtueMart, I'm surprised your system still works at all.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

roojai

Quote from: OpenGlobal on October 04, 2013, 09:40:30 AM
Quote from: roojai on October 04, 2013, 04:46:51 AM
I have added the code (from page 14) to get the child product weight added to the cart, but actually my problem is the opposite:

The changes from Page 14 were for an old version of VirtueMart, I'm surprised your system still works at all.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

I just removed my message and saw yours. Thanks.

I put an updated copy of stockable.php in place and it all works now.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: farangprod on October 02, 2013, 16:42:31 PM
anyway, it doesn't work for me...

Can you provide a link. Your previous link is a completely different page now.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

roojai

I am not sure if this is a bug of the stockable variants plugin itself or a VM problem, or just a configuration but:

If you use stockable variants and a child is out of stock, then the "notify me" button is displayed when that option is selected - all good! But if you click the notify me button, and submit your email address, you then get redirected to the child, and not the parent, so you end up on a product that may not have its own image or description etc...

Likewise, if an email is sent out to people that have been requested to be notified, the link back goes to the child, and not the parent.

Is there anyway to avoid this?

Thanks

OpenGlobal

Hi,

That's a good point. At the moment, I don't think there is a way around that so I'll have to look into this further.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

roojai

OK fair enough.

I will just try to figure out a way to edit the "notify me" section and replace with a message like "new stock coming soon"

OpenGlobal

You could use the "availability" method if you just want to display a message.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

farangprod

You can check it here:

http://absolutkiteboarding.farangprod.com/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/141/virtuemart_category_id/3

all 10m² kites have 0 product in stock
the 4m² black kite has 4 products in stock
all other ones have 2 products in stock

Thanks

OpenGlobal

I can't replicate your problem. I can't order any 10m2 ones. I can order 4 black 4m2 and 2 white 4m2.

OpenGlobal E-commerce