Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florentp

Quote from: OpenGlobal on August 06, 2012, 22:18:59 PM
FederA,

Please try the attached stockable.php. This is still beta so I'd appreciate your testing and feedback. I hope it should fix the problems you are seeing.

OpenGlobal

Using this one. Is that good ?
Web programmer. Passionate.
PHP, SQL, Javascript, JQuery, css.

bmfc

Quote from: Panayiotis Fafakos on June 06, 2012, 09:12:30 AM

When we order a stockable item product we have the following error:
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 438

Panos.

Is there any solution to this problem?
thanks.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: FederA on August 21, 2012, 15:43:19 PM
That depends, what is you "Action when a Product is Out of Stock" setting?
-> Do not Display Product.

But when a product is already sold-out, no problem.
My problem appear only when i have some stock : I can order more than i have :/

OK, that's another one for the list. I'm sure that was working last time I checked.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: bmfc on August 23, 2012, 14:54:16 PM
Quote from: Panayiotis Fafakos on June 06, 2012, 09:12:30 AM

When we order a stockable item product we have the following error:
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 438

Panos.

Is there any solution to this problem?
thanks.

The first solution would be to upgrade to the latest version. Line 438 is midway through a string.

OpenGlobal

bmfc

i have the 2.0.8e version.
joomla 2.5.6

i still have the problem.

i appreciate the help.

Florentp

Quote from: OpenGlobal on August 23, 2012, 15:15:12 PM
Quote from: FederA on August 21, 2012, 15:43:19 PM
That depends, what is you "Action when a Product is Out of Stock" setting?
-> Do not Display Product.

But when a product is already sold-out, no problem.
My problem appear only when i have some stock : I can order more than i have :/

OK, that's another one for the list. I'm sure that was working last time I checked.

OpenGlobal

Sweet ! Thanks.

2 more questions :
When i go the product detail page, the plugin show me all the childs even if their stock is 0.
Is there a way to hide the not available childs on the stockable variant plugin display ?
Example : http://www.indienboutique.fr/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=846&virtuemart_category_id=50&Itemid=814
The size "L" is displayed, but out of stock.  Nice thing to turn customers crazy :D

Second question :
Is there an easy way to remove the stockable variant plugin from "Custom Fields" tab, in the product edit page?
Because I'm using my own product creator for Vm, and when i use VM to edit a product, the plugin break my products because i'm using custom parameters in virtuemart_product_customfields that i haven't creat into virtuemart_customs->custom_params

OpenGlobal

Quote from: bmfc on August 23, 2012, 17:15:56 PM
i have the 2.0.8e version.
joomla 2.5.6

i still have the problem.

i appreciate the help.

What happens with version 2.0.10?

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: FederA on August 23, 2012, 17:50:19 PM
Is there a way to hide the not available childs on the stockable variant plugin display ?

In the VM configuration under shopfront, there is now an extra stock control option "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" which I think should do what you want.

Quote from: FederA on August 23, 2012, 17:50:19 PM
Is there an easy way to remove the stockable variant plugin from "Custom Fields" tab, in the product edit page?

You can remove it by clicking the red cross icon on the right hand side of the plugin.

OpenGlobal

bmfc

Quote from: OpenGlobal on August 23, 2012, 17:55:57 PM

What happens with version 2.0.10?

OpenGlobal

i upgrade to version 2.0.10 and it worked fine now. thank you.

Florentp

QuoteYou can remove it by clicking the red cross icon on the right hand side of the plugin.

I did a try. It removed the plugin on the frontoffice !
I just want to unactive the plugin in product edit (backoffice), but keep it active for product display on frontoffice
In my case, Stockable variants are actually created directly on the database, and not from virtuemart.
If that's possible. (removing/editing a file ?) Don't spend time on this, just give me a answer if you already now how to unactive the backoffice display.
This is really not critic ;)

QuoteIn the VM configuration under shopfront, there is now an extra stock control option "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" which I think should do what you want.
Thanks ! Yes, it hide out of stock child in product detail page.
But the problem is that now, on product categories (front office) i can see all the out of stock products ! I took a look on this products : Parent and childs have stock 0.
Not normal. template mistake ?

OpenGlobal

Quote from: FederA on August 23, 2012, 18:59:08 PM
I just want to unactive the plugin in product edit (backoffice), but keep it active for product display on frontoffice

Oh right. No I don't think that's possible.

Quote from: FederA on August 23, 2012, 18:59:08 PM
Thanks ! Yes, it hide out of stock child in product detail page.
But the problem is that now, on product categories (front office) i can see all the out of stock products ! I took a look on this products : Parent and childs have stock 0.
Not normal. template mistake ?

Err, no. That's not right at all. It shouldn't be a template problem because the template shouldn't be receiving any out of stock products. Are you using 2.0.10? It might be that a bug got into 2.0.10 because I haven't tested this recently.

OpenGlobal

Florentp

QuoteErr, no. That's not right at all. It shouldn't be a template problem because the template shouldn't be receiving any out of stock products. Are you using 2.0.10? It might be that a bug got into 2.0.10 because I haven't tested this recently.
No no, still on VM 2.0.8e.
So, that's a template issue... Thanks !

Florent

sukhrob

Hello,

I'm using version VM 2.0.10 - and seem to come across a bug with Stockable Variant.

The plugin is working fine if I use 2 Options (ex. Size & Color)

However, as soon as I add 3rd option (ex. Shape) The plug in stops working. Non of the options apply changes, and 3rd Option displays Blank Values.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

OpenGlobal

Does it work when you use the default theme/template? It looks like a javascript issue in the template to me.

OpenGlobal

sukhrob

Yea seems that as soon as 3rd Option is entered, the Theme breaks as well in some part of the screen.
:(