News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpenGlobal

Damn! I thought things were looking too good.

I'll get onto it.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: ivowolfen on June 07, 2012, 13:08:16 PM
The problem come with second option dropdown , show translation string just for second, and then replace it with  PHOTO_ACTIVATION or KNEE_ACTIVATION (pic01 attached), so in the cart options are shown with constants (pic02).
This happens also when I create custom field with "Cart variant" type, dropdown is not correct, but cart is fine in this case - show correct overrides.

Thanks for this. It looks like the AJAX code isn't being translated. This will probably require a core change. I'll look into it and notify the devs.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: mowgs on June 07, 2012, 15:54:40 PM
One thing - the children that are in stock are showing as having the total stock for the parent?

I think I've got this sorted now. Although I may have missed somewhere.

I've attached two files, the stockable.php for the plugin and the latest version of my administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php file. This is for 2.0.6.

If there are no new problems with this, I'll merge my changes with the 2.0.7 code as well.

OpenGlobal

[attachment cleanup by admin]

uschmi

I tried this solution of OpenGlobal.
Now, I´m not able any more to update/put in the stock into the childs!
The stock field is blank (even if there was stock in before) and it becomes blank again as soon as I save...

OpenGlobal

Hi uschmi, Thanks for this feedback. I'm not able to replicate the problem. How and where are you updating the stock?

I've attached my latest product.php again in case I accidentally uploaded the wrong one last time.

OpenGlobal

mowgs

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 07, 2012, 23:26:30 PM
Quote from: mowgs on June 07, 2012, 15:54:40 PM
One thing - the children that are in stock are showing as having the total stock for the parent?

I think I've got this sorted now. Although I may have missed somewhere.

I've attached two files, the stockable.php for the plugin and the latest version of my administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php file. This is for 2.0.6.

If there are no new problems with this, I'll merge my changes with the 2.0.7 code as well.

OpenGlobal

Excellent - thanks for that, yep seems to be working much better, just tried a couple of orders, and got the 'maximum quantity reached' messages, and it dropped the number down to the amount actually in stock, so all good!

(VM 2.0.6)

I did have similar things going on as uschmi with the other errors (blank fields etc), so hopefully that new file should fix those?

ppetrid

Hello!

Thanks to OpenGlobal for working on this! Really good job  :D

The latest product.php brakes product ordering by product_sku (e.g in vm admin -> products -> products). To fix this, go to line 336, just before the 'default' statement and insert the following code:

case 'product_sku':
  $orderBy = ' ORDER BY p.`product_sku` ';
  break;

When this becomes stable, a good idea might also be to replace inline css styling with class names.

Thanks again OpenGlobal, I will probably come back with more on this!

OpenGlobal

Hmmm. Well spotted.

I can see that similar issues to this may arise in future due to the new join on the product tables. It would be nice to come up with a more generic solution, but for the time-being this is fine. I've attached a new 2.0.6 version of the file.

OpenGlobal

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: Milbo on May 30, 2012, 22:28:37 PM
Just be aware,
the both customs "dynamic child variants" and the the plugin "stockable variants" are very similar.
Milbo, could you please give us any hints about child products manipulation.
Stockable Variants Plugin is very good as an idea but it has so many bugs and problems.
Generic Child Variants do not have bugs but the shopper has to choose child products only by their name which is not always the way we want to set things.

Is it possible to have someone from the developers team to deal seriously with this so important matter?
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 06, 2012, 16:10:14 PM
Quote from: gkolomvos on June 06, 2012, 15:17:49 PM
...it 's OK to hide  the child products but how can you hide them from modules like "Latest" or "Best sell products"?
Hmmm....I shall have to investigate that. It will probably be another one for my bug list.

I have found a workaround to completely hide all the child products from the category and search view and also from mod_virtuemart_product (modules: latest products, featured products and Best sell products).
I opened a new topic for "How to hide child products": http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103702
I hope it will help 
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

dsrpmedia

I`m not sure if this is a bug, or just another bit of VM 1.1 functionality which has been removed, but it used to be that when you chose a child option in the parent page dropdown the image of the child would load, as well as it`s price, description etc.

This does not seem to be happening with the stockable variants products plugin - is it supposed to?

OpenGlobal

No, for that functionality, you'll need the Generic Child Variants.

OpenGlobal

dsrpmedia

so you have to choose between displaying your products` images / descriptions & keeping track of stock?

Man I miss vm 1.1

every time I try to work on vm 2.0 I end up almost wanting to cry.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: dsrpmedia on June 12, 2012, 19:20:36 PM
so you have to choose between displaying your products` images / descriptions & keeping track of stock?

The Generic Child Variant can handle stock too, but if you like the way the stockable variants plugin is meant to work, you'll hate the Generic Child Variants even more. Hopefully, the next release (or maybe the following one) will have this issue finally resolved.

OpenGlobal

dsrpmedia

I really do appreciate all your assistance in this