Author Topic: Display Product Description in "customised" browse page  (Read 3513 times)

ysong

• Beginner
Display Product Description in "customised" browse page
« on: May 23, 2012, 02:59:09 am »
Hi, I need help in this problem I am facing after I upgrade my VM to v1.1.9 lately.

I developed a website using Joomla 1.5.22 earlier with VM 1.1.5 as product catalog, I customized my browse page name browse_nan.php to display the shop Browse page, you may refer to http://www.nanya.com.my/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=6

Refer to this image, in the initiate development, I inserted code into browse_nan.php to display the Product Short Description (product_s_desc) in red color, and display the Product Description (product_desc) when it is available.  After I upgrade the VM to 1.1.9, I realized that the product_desc does not show up anymore.

The code I added in the browse page are

<?php
         if (!empty($product_desc)) echo "<span style='font-size: 11px;font-weight: bold;'>Details:</span> <br />".$product_desc."<br />
         <div style='height: 4px;line-height:4px;visibility:hidden;'>.</div>";
         if (!empty($product_s_desc)) echo "<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size: 11px;font-weight: bold;'>Brands:</span> <br />".$product_s_desc."</span>";
         ?>

I did some debugging and sure that:

1.  VM can store the product_desc into the database from administrator panel,
2.  when query product_desc, VM cannot extract any data from that field in the table, if I remove the ! from the second line, Details: will show on the page but with empty content.

Any one can help me to identify the problem and make it work?

TQ.