News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Quantity controls not visible

Started by mromen, May 23, 2012, 01:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mromen

Hi,
My quantity controls are not visible. They are working when I press the box next to the quantity number, but I can't see them. I used firebug to change colors, thinking they're disappearing against the grey background color of the page but I can't find the appropriate CSS code for the color change. Then again, hovering the image in Firebug I get the message url("../images/vmgeneral/quantity-controls.png) not loading. Who can help me out?

Thx, Michael.

jenkinhill

A single image is used for display of both buttons, shown on the page as a background image. Make sure that you have the image present on the server. It is at joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/vmgeneral/quantity-controls.png  and that it has read permissions (644) and correct ownership.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mromen

Hi Kelvyn,
Thx for your reply. The problem arises on loacalhost/xamp (no maps right issues here) en on the live site (no rights issues here either). The site is live but not the webshop part so I can't send a link. The only big change I made is to copy the content of vmsite-ltr.css to template css. The image is in the correct folder. The site is based on a Joomla 2.5 Yootheme template. Maybe a JSquery issue? Do you have any more ideas about this problem?

Thx,
Michael.

reddeer

Same issue...

I followed the directions for how to control the views for VM 2 at http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0 so I could use my non-VM template for VM views as well. 

• Copied com_virtuemart/assets/css/vmsite-ltr.css code as directed to the end of the new template file, (templates/mytemplate/css/template.css).
    quantity-controls.png did not display.
  • Quantity control buttons are nicely stacked on top of the addtocart button and they are functional, but they have no labeling as to their function.
  • Changed default relative path to the image file from ../images/vmgeneral/quantity-controls.png to account for the different location of the image file relative to my new CSS file.
  • Path change made no difference in displaying image.   ???
  • Tried to copy the way the title works for addtocart, but adding a text title to the quantity control button disables the JavaScript functionality of the quantity control buttons.  :(

Any suggestions as to how I can do either of the following?

• Label the quantity control buttons with text without using the quantity-controls.png image
  • Display quantity-controls.png image

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Reddeer

[attachment cleanup by admin]

thelake

Any solution for this?

I have the same problem with VM 2.0.12
None of the asset-images are showing "addtocart" an "cart"

Update:

I do an overide of the "vmsite-ltr.css" - if I use the original css it's fine..;-(

jenkinhill

Quote from: thelake on October 12, 2012, 07:39:54 AM
Update:

I do an overide of the "vmsite-ltr.css" - if I use the original css it's fine..;-(

I "fix" VM css by first copying the styles in vmsite-ltr.css to the end my Joomla template css - and leave an empty vmsite-ltr.css on the server. Then I remove/edit the template css as needed, with frequent checks that I have not made an error and removed a style that is needed....   ;)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

aarondwyer

The easiest fix for this for those using template overrides is to simply copy the images directory into your Joomla template directory

components\com_virtuemart\assets\images\

Then all the CSS image references will carry over

Aaron

heyday

HI.

I have 2 problems:
1. stockable plugin doesn't sort buttons in the order I saved them. How to give them an order?
2. as soon as i turn on the my stockable variant plugin and display my product on the frontage, the quantity control buttons don't display anymore.

Example:

How it should be:
-Size:
->S
->M
->L
->XL

It is Just displaying like this:

->XXL
->XL
->S
->M
->L

GJC Web Design

You shouldn't be hijacking posts - this is about css and quantity button images..

anyway - you can resort the child product ordering in the parent view (at the bottom of the page -> Parent & Child Products) to get the order you want - just fill in 0, 1, 2 etc in the required order and save
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

heyday

Thank you for the reply. I did it like you said. works.

My second question was about css. I changed it, now the buttons work correctly and are visible again.

Regards