News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Search two or more words [SOLVED]

Started by lopezalejandro, May 22, 2012, 14:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeJay.net

Quote from: Milbo on January 23, 2014, 22:23:09 PM
Interesting. We are open for suggestions.

So now you have another thing to work on. Joomla search (mod_search) works well, VM1 works well as well, just VM2 is a bit weird in searching.

However, because the VM2 search module searches in both the name and the short description of products, I always somehow put the words of a product's title in a different order into the short description and the search module can find it, then. It's not a very nice solution, though. I guess you can understand.

MekkE

Hi,

(sry for my bad english)

Please someone answer me,:(

I migrate to latest stable VM2/Joomla 2.5 (from VM 1.9.x/J 1.5.x -10.000+ product, 60+ categories..etc), (almost) everything is fine, except the product search.
I enable the standard VM search module + standard vmsearch plugin and ofc enable the plugins in vm config.
In the search plugin admin: I see only one option (search limit), this is normal?

The search module now search only in product title and short description. Search in the full description is very important to me, how/where can I enable this? I reinstall the plugin and the modul, disable seo, etc etc, try everything, but still not work..can u help me pls?:(

balai

Check the VM configuration. There is a setting for that

MekkE

Thank you very mutch!

umm..Where can I find? I really can't find it :(

edit: Oh dear, oh dear..how can i miss it..im so noob:(:) Found it in Product Order Settings area, thank you!

usermee

Quote from: Milbo on January 23, 2014, 22:23:09 PM
Quote from: usermee on September 16, 2013, 23:24:06 PM
Let's say for instance the product name is "Alan Wake (xbox 360)" and you search for say:

alan wake xbox 360

It will find the product, however, if you now change the order of those words to say:

xbox 360 alan wake or any other variance it will not find the product and return "zero" results.

Interesting. We are open for suggestions.

Hello Milbo, has anyone managed to fix the search function yet or is there a workaround besides replacing the search component completely?