Registration Problem: No Activation with Link possible

Started by radioallianz, May 21, 2012, 14:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radioallianz

Hi all,

we have a problem with the registration/activation since installing VM.

When a user wants to check out in the shop, it is necessary to register. Therefor
Joomla sends an activation link to the users mail adress. When the user clicks on
the activation link, the account will NOT be activated! Therefor it is not possible
for the user to login in his account.

The problem is there since we installed VM. Only using Joomla the activation with
this link was possible.

If you want you can test it (products are only for testing, feel free to "buy"):
www.radioallianz.com/2012

Any ideas to fix this problem?

Kind regards,
Mark

Nimeshin

Hi

i have the same problem, your register as normal during the checkout process, the email arrives and you click on the activation link which takes you to the home page of the site. When you try to login, it tells you account not activated

Magnascan

Hi All

Same here, just tried VM 2.0.7c and its registration system is even worse, when you click "register and checkout" it just takes you back to cart page with the form details displayed on the "bill to" area and nothing else, no emails, no user registration, nothing! I'm on a totally new Joomla 2.5.4 install with only virtuemart installed, Yootheme theme. Have tried all sorts of virtuemart admin variations without luck.

Steve

Magnascan

Just as a follow up, I went back to 2.0.6 and got everything to work but without the ability to verify account registration via email. Seems like there is something fundamentally wrong with the way Joomla plays with Virtuemart on verified registrations, so I have just given up trying to get registration verification to work and have turned it off in Joomla and now am getting visitors to successfully register with the Virtuemart2 registration form and then checkout.

Surenkrish

@ Magnascan: This doesnt help.. get me some other idea plz....

Nimeshin

Hi All

i managed to solve this problem using the payfast payment module.
Make a backup of your website
Uninstall the payfast module. Then re-install VM 2.0.6 (do not uninstall first)
Then install payfast payment module. if you using other modules, try this process
Worked for me VM 2.0.6, Joomla 2.5.4 Payfast module

DG

Quote from: Magnascan on May 28, 2012, 06:30:30 AM
Just as a follow up, I went back to 2.0.6 and got everything to work but without the ability to verify account registration via email. Seems like there is something fundamentally wrong with the way Joomla plays with Virtuemart on verified registrations, so I have just given up trying to get registration verification to work and have turned it off in Joomla and now am getting visitors to successfully register with the Virtuemart2 registration form and then checkout.

Having the same problem with registration emails not being sent/received by the user.
Just tried this (thanks Magnascan) with J 2.5.4 with VM2.0.7d, then also used the "Forget Your Password?" link after logging in and no verification code email has been sent/received either.  Some people will try to log in before they purchase anything.
A virtual replica of the site as version 2.0.6, though a different store, is working as expected.
Will try to manually upload the VM2.0.7d files in case something didn't go through with the normal Joomla installation process.
The original process kept timing out, so it's possible that something didn't get through, although I re-uploaded 5 times initially.
(Ramblings of a tired person).

DG

I disabled JCE editor component and plugin, reverted back to TinyMCE in Global configuration.
I Configured/Enabled the User Profile plugin.

The user activation email came through. 
However the activation link in the email led to a page error: "Registration failed: Verification code not found."

Back to edit:  The activation link that didn't work was from the previous attempt.
The next test email just came through (a little slow, at least it arrived)... the activation link worked as expected.

Second edit:  The User Profile info input at the registration process doesn't store in either the admin or the user's profile.
Off to check that out.

hyperweb

Hi DG

Have you found a fix for this problem as of yet. I've been trying what you've noted here but it has not worked for me.

Thanks

flaterik

Hi, i have same problem.
Links arrive but doesn't activate.

I have 2.0.8c

leFlea

I would also like to confirm this problem: activation links not working.
Using J2.5.6 VM 2.0.8c.

Is there a way to disable account activation without checking out as a guest? We disabled guest checkout because are having trouble with it.

Thanks!

bonbin

the problem comes from virtuemart, when user do registration they are logged on your site
which makes your activation link doesnt work at all

check this thread
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103992.0

i solve the problem with lonelyfugitive instruction

you need to force the activation and put no redirect

hope its will help

kess

Hi, i have same problem.
Links arrive but doesn't activate.

I have 2.0.8c

lipes

yep... i already checked that old post ... but didnt work ..
same problem with activation link... goes to site but dont activate account .. tested with IE
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25