News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Product errors after upgrade to 2.0.6 (MySQL)

Started by JohnnyC, May 20, 2012, 20:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyC

I use JM 2.5 and VM 2.0.6 upgraded from 2.0.2. After the upgrade I had an issue with my products, couldn't find any media and it displayed MySQL errors when entered details, also didn't show some modules (menus with featured products). I used phpMyAdmin to backup my database (tables) and after that I rebuilt it and restored the old tables into the new ones. As a result the error messages kept on displayed. As my shop is still in test mode (lucky me) I deleted all my products and created some new ones. But the problems still remain.

The errors (the language is GREEK but I will translate hoping you will find out which error message is in English):

1. When I enter a products details page I take the error
            Σφάλμα κατά την φόρτωση της εφαρμογής: com_users, 1
            Σφάλμα κατά την φόρτωση της εφαρμογής: com_users, 1
            Σφάλμα κατά την φόρτωση της εφαρμογής: com_content, 1
            Σφάλμα κατά την φόρτωση της εφαρμογής: com_content, 1

TRANSLATION Σφάλμα κατά την φόρτωση της εφαρμογής == Error loading component
SEE case 1.jpg ATTACHMENT

2. When I enter a category or subcategory which is not empty (includes products) I take the error
    Σφάλμα κατά την φόρτωση του ενθέματος MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT m.id, m.title, m.module, m.position, m.content, m.showtitle, m.params, mm.menuid FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id LEFT JOIN jos_extensions AS e ON e.element = m.module AND e.client_id = m.client_id WHERE m.published = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND (m.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_up <= '2012-05-17 09:06:53') AND (m.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_down >= '2012-05-17 09:06:53') AND m.access IN (1,1) AND m.client_id = 0 AND (mm.menuid = 583 OR mm.menuid <= 0) AND m.language IN ('el-GR','*') ORDER BY m.position, m.ordering

TRANSLATION Σφάλμα κατά την φόρτωση του ενθέματος == Error loading module

In this case no modules are being displayed, especially the menus (right sidebar) that show featured or best products

SEE case 2.jpg ATTACHMENT

I would be glad if you could help me as it is very important for me to start importing real products (not in test mode anymore). So I need a solution to prevent this errors in future upgrades.

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

JohnnyC

JohnnyC

SOLVED
MySQL caused the problem. I had version 5.2.7 and upgraded to 5.5.21-55 so everything works now...

jenkinhill

Interesting. Minimum recommended spec is MySQL 5.0.4 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JohnnyC

So, check it, because this issue has been noted since 2.0.2 if I am not wrong. I found the solution a Greek forum and until now seems to work.