News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Order status not translated

Started by capricornio, May 20, 2012, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capricornio

Using VM 2.06, working on a dutch webshop.
I have a problem that the order and order-item status is not translated.
Found the following code in the mail_html_shopper.php file within the invoices view

<?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_ORDER_STATUS',$this->orderDetails['details']['BT']->order_status_name) ; ?></p></td>

Using this code the line on the order displays
'De status van uw bestelling is Pending', where I would expect Pending should be translated correctly using the language file.

Problem is also in the orderlist, invoice-details etc.

Is this a known issue ? How to solve this ?

chaldama

I also have a Dutch webshop and experience the same problem. The order confirmation and status update mail is sent in Dutch but the subject of the status update mails remain in English.
Dutch is the standard language for both administrator and site and I've checked everything over and over again but the set up of both Joomla and VM seems to be correct.

melina

Hi there! Did you use the BE?
Go to your back-end, virtuemart, configuration, order statuses.
In there you have to put to every status the name you want. Just click on the status and it opens on a editing page where the first you see is the name of the status. There you put what you want in your language. Done!
=)

capricornio

Hi Melina,

Thnx for your reply. This could be a nice workaround for me, but for multilanguage shops it's not a solution.
I think it's a bug that should be solved by VM Development team.

DaggaTora

Yes,  i have a multilanguage shop and also need this.
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

melina

I am sorry, that is right. I have a spanish website and solved it doing that on the BE. If you have several languages its not going t work...

mabeall32

I'm an english speaching shop and I get this message.  What do I do?
VM 2.0.6 Joomla 2.5.4

pixelofficer

I'm still having the SAME issue!!!

No solution yet ? after a more than YEAR except this workaround ????

--
VM 2.0.22 and Joomla 2.5.9

lindapowers

At VM config/order status write them like this:

COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_SHIPPED
etc

Make sure you have the latest language files which contain those language strings. Order status should appear translated.

Regards

pixelofficer

I have found the problem!!!

I have singe language eshop, not in english languge. I have exactly same setup. It works very strange, there must be some bug inside VM.

When somebody order item from eshop he receive confirmation email -> string is trasnlated and correct
I change status of the order in backend - e.g. - to Sent -> customer gets confirmation e-mail -> string is NOT translated, it's in english.

After couple of hour's and red bulls - I found out why. My eshop is Slovak, but Backend is English. When I set backend language to Slovak everything works fine. All strings are correct. BUT - thats not correct behavior of VM. I would like to use english in backend because of better orientation, better problem solving - i will not get stuck because of wrong translation... So - VM should use shop's default language for emails, pdfs etc...

I'm not able to try newer version now (still lots of work to do) if it's fixed or not...

lindapowers

Quote from: pixelofficer on September 12, 2013, 08:57:04 AM
I have found the problem!!!

I have singe language eshop, not in english languge. I have exactly same setup. It works very strange, there must be some bug inside VM.

When somebody order item from eshop he receive confirmation email -> string is trasnlated and correct
I change status of the order in backend - e.g. - to Sent -> customer gets confirmation e-mail -> string is NOT translated, it's in english.

After couple of hour's and red bulls - I found out why. My eshop is Slovak, but Backend is English. When I set backend language to Slovak everything works fine. All strings are correct. BUT - thats not correct behavior of VM. I would like to use english in backend because of better orientation, better problem solving - i will not get stuck because of wrong translation... So - VM should use shop's default language for emails, pdfs etc...

I'm not able to try newer version now (still lots of work to do) if it's fixed or not...

No, I don't agree with you. VM does it the correct way, you use english in backend? that makes no sense at all. We have a spanish shop and we use spanish in the backend - why on earth would we use english? cause of the forum? for help?

Sorry don't get it but I definetly dont want my shop backend in english.

pixelofficer

It doesn't make sense...  It's definitely a BUG

First of all... ALL strings in email are correctly translated  - except this one - the order status...  (I think that also PDF invoice has wrong language when is not generated automaticaly with customer order - but manualy)

Second - what kind of backend language should I use when I would like to run multilang eshop? What I've got somebody who's better in english than my languge? It just Backend interface language, not the language of eshop and its outputs. It's my opinion and my choice what interface i would like to use. Does the theme of admin interface affect the output?

And third - It makes no sense create one same document in one langugae when generated automaticaly, and second language when created on request by admin...

pixelofficer

Quote from: lindapowers on September 12, 2013, 15:55:45 PM
why on earth would we use english? cause of the forum? for help?

Sorry don't get it but I definetly dont want my shop backend in english.

Because the forum, because the help, because the translation problems (there are still some), becuase of freedom of my own choice. It's up to you what you choose. But i still prefer english interface when it comes to programs - It's better for me, to keep me up to date with everyone. I do not need to translate menu item when I want to ask somone about something. And I prefer english also in other programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel, My text editor, video editor... everything. Even the Windows. So don't blame me :) blame the developers for bugs :))) at least - they will be fixed sooner  8)