Impossible to insert a Youtube video in a category description

Started by django29, May 17, 2012, 10:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

django29

Hi.
To insert videos in Virtuemart, I use the plugin Allvideos from Joomlaworks, and it works well in the products descriptions, with a code as :

{youtube}M3-DuM0zQQ{/youtube}

Why this code doesn't work in the categories descriptions ?

John2400

Hi if you use JCE - you can just copy and paste the embedded file of youtube -
you don't need any special plug ins to do that in the individual products page.

* categories - are you using this as a lead video - to show all the products in a category -
You can embed a module in the categories or an article - so I have set up 'Youtube Gallery Module' in category - so You can do it.

I think place your video in an article first and then embed the artice in the category module position.

I had a go and it worked for me.

ChrisTrembath

Hi Mate,

How I got youtube vids to embed on my site here:www.liquiddiamond.com.au/administrator/index.php?option=com_plugins&client=site

Open up the Plugin Manager then click Editor - TinyMCE
in settings make sure the following is as below.

Compressed Version - OFF
Code Cleanup on Startup - OFF
Code cleanup on save - OFF
Entity Encoding - RAW

in Prohibited Elements make sure iframe is not written in as prohibited.

Hope this helps

django29

Hi.

Chris : I checked all that for TinyMce. It's OK.

John : I use TinyMce, and it's impossible to insert such code in a category description :
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M3-SDuM0zQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't understand how to insert a product or a module inside a category description.

John2400

In the description filed,, I categories and products"
once you have the youtube code. then when you get to the description area and see the menu bar,  you must hit'toggle editor"  it should be above the menu bar

then and only then can you paste any code in.

toggle back and save.

check your fornt page.

and you should use the newest free editor of JCE from joomla extensions.  much better easy to install.

JoomlaBoat.com

Quote from: django29 on May 17, 2012, 10:06:20 AM
Hi.
To insert videos in Virtuemart, I use the plugin Allvideos from Joomlaworks, and it works well in the products descriptions, with a code as :

{youtube}M3-DuM0zQQ{/youtube}

Why this code doesn't work in the categories descriptions ?

Try Youtube Gallery Extension for Joomla http://joomlaboat.com/youtube-gallery this  shows a gallery - catalog of selected YouTube videos. All you need is to create a gallery and add list of video links or a links to playlists, then add menu item with YouTube Gallery type. Supports popular video hostings: Youtube, Vimeo, Yahoo Video, Break.com, and College Humor and have a lot of options to set up customized layout.

fmlk4u

Hello all.

In the website I use the Nonumber Sourcerer plugin which works great to embed html code into an article e.g. http://new.keyboard-centrum.nl/nl/feature-uitleg/83-over-mondharmonica-s
But I would like to embed the youtube in the category desciption of chromatic mouth harps. But it doesn't work. Who can help me on? In tiny MCE  I allowed iframe code but that didn't help. Thanks for your solution. I use VM 2.0.18

John2400

Hi I wrote on « Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 15:02:50 PM »

That the youtube clip insert would work.

After a few updates - maybe Joomla -I cannot get it to work at the moment? Still trying

Piszi

I see that this is an old topic, but because this is still a problem I'd like to know if is the VM team planning to repair this or not?

Until than I used jooEmbed plugin from JED and that was the only one which worked for me on the VM 2.6.8 and J2.5, using PHP 5.4.11

deppdog82

An easy work around for me was to embed the video in a custom html module then just load the module position into the vm category page.