News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom fields bug

Started by trajektorijus, May 17, 2012, 08:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trajektorijus

Hello everybody,

can someone tell me why customfields are working very slow with big numbers?

I mean, i created custom field with type of image (plus cart attribute).

And i have more than 100 images for each product.

Problems start when i try to create ~100 custom fields for product. I create them and click save to see them updated with ajax search input. But when i click save, virtuemart crash.

After that i can't even enter to my products. Only when i delete whole product manually using phpMyAdmin, then it works again.

Ok, so let's say, i figure it out how to skip this problem and i managed to create those 100 images.

Now, everything works like it should, but when i want to edit something in that product (with 100 custom fields) and i click on it, it take years when the page loads up.

Can someone help me fix this.

I am using latest stable versions of joomla and virtuemart.

With smile,
Tadas

trajektorijus

Just wrote custom php script to insert custom fields manually. And guess what. First 3 products worked like a charm. But when added all fields ~1500 (15 products with 100 fields), virtuemart category Products crashed. Again...
Loading forever until i get 500 error, or  Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/xxxxxx/domains/xxx.xxx.xxx/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/html/select.php on line 626

Mysql error log:
[Thu May 17 11:02:32 2012] [error] [client 78.158.19.27] FastCGI: comm with (dynamic) server "/usr/local/fastcgi/cgi-bin/php-cgi" aborted: (first read) idle timeout (30 sec)
[Thu May 17 11:02:32 2012] [error] [client 78.158.19.27] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/usr/local/fastcgi/cgi-bin/php-cgi"

Please help me someone. Front-end is OK.

I can even pay some money to someone who is good enough to fix this.

trajektorijus

PLEEAASE! Anyone?

Am i alone working with big numbers of custom fields... Don't understand...

vaistik

Picking this up as I've ran to a similar issue. I have a product with more than 100 custom fields and it just won't save. When I try to add a new value for a field, at first I was getting an "Invalid Token save" error but now it just redirects to the VM control panel and the added value isn't present.

Any insight would be great as I'm loosing my mind over this.

Cheers.