News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Add Edit shipping address for registered users

Started by gcomo01, May 16, 2012, 02:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcomo01

Hi All,
I am struggling somehow to figure out why cannot add/edit shipment address for registered users.
For  guests the shipping address gets updated fine in the cart and all is good.
The problem starts when a user registers (creates and account). The registration data of course contains the required fields to create the BT address and all is fine. Once the user logs in though there is no tab for shipping address (rightfully so since none was entered/added during registration). The link at the bottom says Add/Edit shipment address but when clicked points to a shipment address that belongs to the cart (as if got nothing to do with the logged user .. and all user/shopper wants to do is add or update his shipment address for later on). So the link at the bottom always points to 'editaddresscartST?new=1&cid[0]=43' .. 43 is a sample user id here for all users happens though ... strange because the edit shipment in account maintenance got nothing to do with the cart.
All the back end shopper fields are ok (enabled for shipment, account maintenance, registration form etc).
And noticed that only BT addresses are stored for registered users. No matter how you go about it the link for ad/edit shipment address points to the cart. Today noticed also that on the back end when I try to add a shipment address for the shopper (through admin) just refreshes the user edit page but doesn't show fields or a tab for adding/updating the ST address.
I upgraded a couple of weeks ago from vm 2.0.0 to vm 2.0.6
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thx
G
joomla 1.7.3 vm 2.0.6

cas

I am having the same problem running VM2.0.6.  There is no way for a registered customer to enter a shipment address.  When the Add/Edit Shipment Address page is displayed, there are no address fields displayed, just the Save & Cancel buttons.   In the VM admin for Shopper Fields, I only see "delimiter_billto".   Should there be "delimiter_shipto"?

Help!

cas

VM team, please help us!  Let us know if this will be fixed in the next release?

RosaMagma

cas

ivus

Hi All,

I had this issue this morning and here's what I've figured out.

• You can store multiple address for shipping - TRUE
  • You can create new addresses for shipping - NOT SO TRUE... in fact you can only create new address if 2 conditions are true
    1) you've justed logged in
    2) you've just added something to the cart and have NOT editted any addresses
You can test this for yourself, log in and add a new shipping address and it works as expected, but when you try to add a NEW address, the info from the previous address automatically gets loaded.
Now log out and back in again, and this time you can add a new address again.

What seems to be happening is whenever you edit a shipping address VM stores that specific item information in the session to be used globally for the cart ship to address...

It's annoying and quite stupid really. If you turn your JOOMLA debugger on (not VM debugger), you an see in the session called __vm that there is a nice select list for "
shipTo" shipping address... whay aren't those being used? It would certainly be much better than the current method.
I'm sorry if this doesn't help anyone, but it should shed more light on the problem.
;D

airone93

I'm afraid I can't Add any shipment address, even if I do Login-> My Profile -> add shipment address.
HELP??!!??

Another problem is I can't even add/edit shipment addresses in the backend!
Under VM->Shoppers->Edit, when I click to "Add address" link or "+" button, I see no new address form, but it returns to the edit user profile form.
If I edit what I see and save, I have no new address, but modified the same one.
The url is:
administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=addST&new=1&addrtype=ST&virtuemart_user_id[]=1698

VM v.2.0.8e
JOOMLA v.2.5.6
(latest today)
Joomla Template -> custom

Actlas

I have the same problem as airone93.

How can this be fixed?

sstruemph

I am having this same issue. If I try to add a shipping address the page just refreshes and I don't have any fields to enter a shipping address.

I'm running 2.0.6 and JM 1.5.25

Is this an issue with 2.0.6? If I update to 2.0.10 will it be fixed?

cas

I just updated to VM2.0.10 and it still has no shipping address fields to enter a shipping address.  When will this be fixed? 

sstruemph

I'm still having this issue and now when new accounts are created there's no Customer ID generated (the field is blank in the backend) and the customer cannot select a State from the drop down menu. It just says "Select".

That last part is really frustrating because I'm 99% sure that I didn't change any of the code.

Krx

Hi

I had same issue.
"Add/edit shipment address" button opened page without any fields to add shipping info.

In my case, issue was in Configuration - Shopper Fields settings.
For some reason, all fields in "Show in shipment form" column was unpublished.
After I compared settings with another VM installation, I can see and edit Shipment details again.

Internal notice: Be careful with VM settings ;)

Cheers

cas