News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Include Joomla reCaptcha in VM 2 user registration

Started by razor7, May 15, 2012, 20:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogusj

It does not work on user registration! Any ideas?

Shibumi

It doesn't work at all? Or it doesn't display?

On the site I listed above, it displays the ReCaptcha, but gives the "SpamCheck" error failed spam check even with giving correct SpamCheck numerical answer... Trying with a challenge word instead of mathmatical question, but experiencing server issues, will update if and when I find a fix...
Jeff
=================================================
Scionergy.com - www.Scionergy.com
Scion Owners Club of Ottawa - www.ScionOwnersClubOttawa.ca
Capital Door Service - www.CapitalDoorService.com - VM2.0.20b, Joomla 2.5.11 PHP5.2.11 powered site

bogusj

Hi Jeff,

It might be working at ask question about the product, but it sure does not at the user registration, which it's the subject of this thread. No captcha or any other antispam system is displayed.

Shibumi

Interesting... I actually have the ReCaptcha AND the SpamCheck displayed on my registration page - Joomla! 2.5.11, and VM2.0.20b

Maybe using an older version of ECC+?

**Update**
In the "Additional Information" section of plugin, I turned off Joomla Registration and login (set to no) and I can now register new account user - this still uses the google ReCaptcha plugin
Jeff
Capital Door Service - www.CapitalDoorService.com - VM2.0.20b, Joomla 2.5.11 PHP5.2.11 powered site

bogusj

First off, the ECC version is 2.5-7. I downloaded it yesterday.
Second, in the ECC's options, at 3rd party extensions section, at the virtuemart option, the tooltip clearly says that this option is for the ask question functionality. It says nothing about the registration.
Also, I turned off the Joomla options of the ECC. Still not antispam at the VM registration.
Any suggestions?

Shibumi

I use the google reCaptcha plugin and it works in the VM/Joomla new account registration - you have to make sure that default captcha is set in Joomla general configuration
Jeff