News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Completely Remove VM2

Started by tvos, June 29, 2013, 02:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvos

Friends,

Thinking of completely removing VM2 and looking at a difference e-commerce solution for my business.

I have and keep two akeeba backups (just in case) if I need to restore due to a bad un-install, I can try again..;-)

I went through VM2 config tool and removed everything, then with extension manager and removed all VM2 components.

Is this good enough or will there be any residue left behind?

Please advise.

Thank You,

Dave

jenkinhill

Using Joomla's extension manager to remove VM component, modules and plugins are the first steps. Then remove the images/stories/virtuemart/ directory (and its subdirectories) and the invoice/files directory if you set one up. Job done.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tvos

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 29, 2013, 10:46:02 AM
Using Joomla's extension manager to remove VM component, modules and plugins are the first steps. Then remove the images/stories/virtuemart/ directory (and its subdirectories) and the invoice/files directory if you set one up. Job done.

Much appreciated. Was hoping to have VM2 as my shopping cart, but now looking at the membership pro this looks like a better option.

At least now, I learned how to setup VM2/sandbox and get it working. Maybe in the future my clients will want to sell using eCommerce.

Thank You Jenkinhill.

Dave