2.0.8e - low stock notification to vendor does not work (updated)

Started by John2400, May 15, 2012, 12:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2400

Hi Update,

It did not work -

I was not thinking earlier- I simply picked a product with no variants and purchased two products - the reminder was set to 1.

The result was that all emails came through but no email came to tell me the stock was low.?

as you can see in the image - no stock left after shipping twice - and no emails came through regarding the stock levels)

If you would like to test just let me know alatak

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

Hi Update,

It did not work -

I was not thinking earlier- I simply picked a product with no variants and purchased two products - the reminder was set to 1.

The result was that all emails came through but no email came to tell me the stock was low.?

John2400

I still have this issue _ I note a new post item 1) in this post has same issue

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104852.0 from 'toonetcreation'

could others test please

or is there a direct setting that says - email the vendor when Items are at set limit or 0 some where and I have missed it.?

yes I have set this in the actual product as stated in my first post here below.

John2400

Sorry this won't work for me as - no orders appear in the back in 2.0.8 d

toonetcreation

I'm really so sorry to say that, but VM 2.0.8c or d is not a STABLE version... :-(

Milbo

You may noticed toonedtcreation that the D version was not officially released. Official is what your virtuemart says.

and when you think that way toonetcreation, neither windows nor linux is stable
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

John2400

Ok - after fixing the orders in the back - Great stuff

* tried the - low stock  notification - my usual steps - the product was set to inform at 1 and I ordered and confirmed _

I did not receive notification of the products are empty - the notify on the front worked well - so no one will be able to purchase the product -

* again not a big issue - for me.

Milbo

For most people not, because the whole inventory like it was done in vm1 and also now in vm2 is just a guess.

In a correct inventory system you cannot just change the amount. It must be stored in a history and usually you just add what is new in your storage and the software must calculate the endnumber.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

John2400

Milbo

John2400

Low stock notification:

2.0.8 e  - I set a good at 10 products, I set the front to 'Notify me' I set low stock to 6 .

I purchased the good , 2 then , 3, then 3 again- 6 emails arrived - correct.

I went to orders and changed the oredrs to shipped , one at a time, and email came through for each order - correctly.

I went to the product and the stock went to 0 from 10 with notification at 6 and still nothing arrived by email

* No email arrived notifying me of low stock at any time -

I still think that if "Notify me" is working correctly on the front end when the product gets to 0- then why can't the email be triggered by that?

abzamon

The bug is fixed in 2.0.9 b.
If you dont want to upgrade now try this:

I think the problem was in models/product.php line 1813 a '-' (2.0.8c)  instead of a '+' (2.0.9 b) $signInStock test.

if ($signInStock == '+') {
            $this->_db->setQuery ('SELECT (`product_in_stock`+`product_ordered`) <= `low_stock_notification` '
                  . 'FROM `#__virtuemart_products` '
                  . 'WHERE `virtuemart_product_id` = ' . $id
            );

if ($this->_db->loadResult () == 1) {
               $this->lowStockWarningEmail( $id) ;
            }