News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

vmError: Couldnt resolve mime

Started by rationaldreamer, May 12, 2012, 17:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rationaldreamer

Hi,
i've just installed vm 2.0.6 (latest version) on joomla 1.5.26. I've a problem when i try to insert an image for a product (or a category): it's ok in the virtuemart images admin panel after uploading (i can see the image and the thumbnail), but when i save it says "vmError: Couldnt resolve mime images/stories/virtuemart/product/image.png" and in the frontend i see "image unavailable". It's not a problem of the image because a tried many different images and types.
My php version is 5.2.9 on xampp 1.01 for mac.
I've searched for a solution all over the forum, but i dind't find it.

Anyone had the same issue? Any idea on how to solve it?

Thank you very much for any help

jjk

My first guess is that your 10 years old xampp version doesn't include the required GD library. If you can't update that, try converting the file into jpg format.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

rationaldreamer

Hi,
i tried jpg and other image formats too, but it doesn't change.
My xampp version is 3 years old (2009). this is what my phpinfo says about GD:

GD Support   enabled
GD Version   2.0 or higher
FreeType Support   enabled
FreeType Linkage   with freetype
FreeType Version   2.3.5
GIF Read Support   enabled
GIF Create Support   enabled
JPG Support   enabled
PNG Support   enabled
WBMP Support   enabled

How can i see my exact gd library version? The latest xampp for mac (2010) on the official xampp website has GD 2.0.35.
I'm not expert about php libraries, if the problem is my xampp, can i upgrade just the gd library or i must reinstall xampp? I don't want to lose configurations/data because i have many websites under that installation.

Thank you for your help

jjk

I think in this case your GD library should be ok, but I 'm not shure what else could be the problem. Perhaps you find something if you search for i.e. "Couldnt resolve mime" in this forum.

rationaldreamer

Hi,
i did this research before posting but i didn't find a solution. The only similar post is this one http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96517.0 but the solution proposed is to modify virtuemart code. Anyway i tried it too, i don't see the error in the admin panel, but the result is still the same: no image shown in the frontend. I can't understand why i can see images in the backend (image and thumbnail resized too), but not in the frontend.. :(

jjk

Perhaps you have one of the problems described here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98951.msg327068#msg327068
I suppose you did already, but check if all your images are set to "published" in the media manager

rationaldreamer

Hi, i tried the solution described in that post, i supposed that could be the problem because i've a rockettheme template too (nebulae), i then changed the configuration but nothing has changed. The product and the media are both published. The urls are ok. Just one thing: in the setion "media" i don't see the the product name (first column), but in the products list view(inside the admin panel) if i click on the media icon it goes to the right image in the media section. In the database all id seem ok. I've noticed that in jos_virtuemart_media the field "is product image" was 0, i tried to put it to 1 but nothing changed. I checked again every permission on files and folders, but all is ok.

I don't know what should i try now... :(

If someone has any suggestion, i will be very thankful.

Thank you
Federico

jjk

Quote from: rationaldreamer on May 16, 2012, 20:47:59 PM
I don't know what should i try now... :(
Some template makers build a lot of funky stuff into their templates, powered by their own version of javascript library, which might conflict with javascript libraries used by Joomla extensions. You can try to play with different settings in VM2. For example, disable 'Use external google jquery library' or disable 'Using the Virtuemart jQuery' in VM Configuration.

Any reason why you don't use Joomla 2.5.x? When Joomla 3.0 will be published, jQuery will probably be included in the core, eliminating the need for some template makers to supply their template with their own version of jQuery.

Rather than giving up on VM2, I would suggest to install a fresh Joomla 2.5.4, a different template (perhaps one of the default templates or one that doesn't include it's own javascript library) and the latest VM2 version into a new folder of your xampp, just to find out if it works.

rationaldreamer

Quote from: jjk on May 16, 2012, 21:22:01 PM
Any reason why you don't use Joomla 2.5.x? When Joomla 3.0 will be published, jQuery will probably be included in the core, eliminating the need for some template makers to supply their template with their own version of jQuery.

I use joomla 2.5 for new websites, but this one started on 1.5 months ago and there are some modules installed that work only for it and i can't change the template because it's the one that my customer chose. So, in this case, passing from joomla 1.5 to the new version could be a problem for me.

This evening (i'm away now) i'll try the change of jquery settings that you suggested on virtuemart. If it doesn't work, i'll try to install the older version of virtuemart (1.1.9) to see if something changes (i used rocket themes templates with the old version of vm and they worked fine).

I'll let you know if i'll solve this problem.

Thank you very much for your help

Federico

jjk

Quote from: rationaldreamer on May 17, 2012, 09:41:50 AM
... i can't change the template because it's the one that my customer chose.
The only Rockettheme templates I would use with VM2 are their "Afterburner" template and maybe their Mynxx template (in case they update the latter for J2.5/VM2).  ;)
Everything else is in my personal opinion likely to produce conflicts. (1+ mb just for a template usually means a lot of unnecessary code)

rationaldreamer

I think probably you're right about these templates. I hope to solve anyway because for this website i can't change template now. Next time i will choose something simpler.
I just want to add another thing that i noticed yesterday, i don't know if it's connected to the template or not: when i click on the button "details" in the fronted (products view) it goes to the homepage, not in the product details page. May i have missed something in the configurations? I searched in the settings and configuration files but nothing seems strange.

Thank you
Federico

rationaldreamer

I've tried to change the configuration but the problem is still there. I also tried to reinstall with sample data, i can see categories images but not product images. I still have the problem in the backed about the mime type.
I'll try to install the old version of virtuemart, i hope that will solve.

Thanks anyway
Federico