News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

vm 2.0.6 aio Install error

Started by Philip Bainbridge, May 11, 2012, 13:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Bainbridge

I have installed VM 2.0.6 fine with no problem.

When trying to install 2.0.6 aio i get a "error installing componen"t message aswell as "Component Install: DB function reports no errors"

I have tried remote install, upload installl, install from directory and all are the same.

In the components tab there is menu for vituemart aio but when clicked i get a "404 - An error has occured Componenet not found"

Im using joomla 2.5.4 any ideas please

Philip Bainbridge

Also i checked my FTP (admin/components/) aswell as (Public_html/components/) I checked both directorys for a com_virtuemart_aio folder and there is none only the com_virtuemart folders in both..

Dunno if this helps but thought i would share this with you also :)

Also this was a fresh install of VM no previous versions

monkeybutt

I'm having the same issue w/ a clean install using Joomla 1.7

jenkinhill

The component, even with tar.gz may be too large for some shared servers where php limits are set too low. If you cannot edit or override max_execution_time and upload_max_filesize   in the server php.ini then you could try this: You could unpack all the files, and use the installation method described in http://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-gallery-component/438-cannot-find-joomla-xml-setup-file
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Philip Bainbridge

my php.ini Mas execution is 120 and max upload is 64mb.. which is fine isnt it?

I had my hosting vreate me a php.ini as there was not one present.

I tried installing the AIO again since and got the exact same errors..

jenkinhill

Did you try the method in the last link?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Philip Bainbridge

Yes i created a folder named vmaio and then tried to use the folder path to install and i got the exact same error..

Philip Bainbridge

Any more ideas any one?? Please i really need to try and get this working :(

jenkinhill

I have never had any install problems with VirtueMart so have no actual hands-on experience of this issue. If the unpacked files do not install when you use the install from directory method then there has to be something else  affecting the install.

My server settings are here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102045.msg339125#msg339125
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

VM_Fans

It may be the problem with your hosting server. Try another hosting.

webkopilka.ru

Hi jenkinhill

I found that when i extract "com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio.tar.gz" file "index.html" is ZERO size !!!
i think that is the problem that i get empty screen.

I spend all day to figure what the problem....
Please advice !!!

Thanks

jenkinhill

index.html files in joomla installations are not used - they are there to provide some level of protection against directory listing or when PHP stops working on the server. Nothing to do with your blank screen.  Also see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=62675.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

webkopilka.ru

sorry no access to log's.
any another way to install AIO ?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

netoys

Componente Instalar: DB function failed with error number 2006
MySQL server has gone away SQL=INSERT INTO jos_components VALUES( 0, 'VirtueMart AIO', 'option=com_virtuemart_allinone', 0, 0, 'option=com_virtuemart_allinone', 'VirtueMart AIO', 'com_virtuemart_allinone', 0, 'js/ThemeOffice/component.png', 0, '', 1 )
SQL =
INSERT INTO jos_components VALUES( 0, 'VirtueMart AIO', 'option=com_virtuemart_allinone', 0, 0, 'option=com_virtuemart_allinone', 'VirtueMart AIO', 'com_virtuemart_allinone', 0, 'js/ThemeOffice/component.png', 0, '', 1 )
No fué posible borrar el archivo seleccionado: 'script.vmallinone.php'
No fué posible copiar el archivo seleccionado.
JInstaller::install: Fallo al copiar archivo: /home/thsdonli/public_html/motori_vmart/tmp/install_4fbc1deebf4ee/install.xml a /home/thsdonli/public_html/motori_vmart/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/install.xml
Componente Instalar: No puedo copiar el archivo de configuración
Error Loading ModulesMySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.access <= 2 AND m.client_id = 1 ORDER BY position, ordering

please tell me what does this message means.

Thanks