News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart 2 Theme (works with your current joomla template)

Started by Eugen S., May 10, 2012, 15:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornel

If this theme would have the Add to cart button at the category view i would consider buying this theme.

Sent from my iPad

Eugen S.

We just update our virtuemart 2 theme so that it matches the new German legislation.

The final checkout step looks as follows:

Send me a pm ;-)

RuggeroSB

Thanks Eugen - this is important for all European markets.

I've already installed and modified the theme to fit my needs. Could you please indicate which files have changed so that I may replace just the ones affected?

Eugen S.

Quote from: RuggeroSB on July 31, 2012, 14:52:24 PM
Thanks Eugen - this is important for all European markets.

I've already installed and modified the theme to fit my needs. Could you please indicate which files have changed so that I may replace just the ones affected?

Changed paths:
   /templates/ YOUR_TEMPLATE /html/com_virtuemart/cart/default.php
   /templates/ YOUR_TEMPLATE /html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/assets/css/checkout/cart/default.css
   /templates/ YOUR_TEMPLATE /html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/assets/css/checkout/confirm/default.css
   /templates/ YOUR_TEMPLATE /html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/assets/css/checkout/pricesummary/default.css
   /templates/ YOUR_TEMPLATE /html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/assets/css/payment/grid/centered.css
   /templates/ YOUR_TEMPLATE /html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/assets/css/shipment/grid/centered.css
   /templates/ YOUR_TEMPLATE /html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/checkout/cart/default.php
   /templates/ YOUR_TEMPLATE /html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/checkout/confirm/default.php
   /templates/ YOUR_TEMPLATE /html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/checkout/pricesummary/default.php
Send me a pm ;-)

baggeler

Hello Eugen,

Is there any option to have "Add to cart" on all product listings, not only on detail product?

Bernhard

Site: www.orgonite-brasil.com
Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2

jen697

Eugen,

Where can I find the support forums for this theme?

Specifically I was wondering about html validation - the w3c validator caught one error (you can see it here: http://goo.gl/8LbZ1) on the shopping cart page of the demo. And there are 16 errors on a product details page (you can see the errors here: http://goo.gl/3TQ02). The site says that the extension is fully valid, so I am concerned about why these errors are showing.

I was also wondering where to submit suggestions for improvements? For example, it would be great for UX if the buttons for Change Payment and Change Shipment opened a lightbox style popup or displayed the options below in an accordion style effect instead of going to an entirely separate page. And it would also be great if the cost for the selected shipping option displayed.

And lastly, if I wanted to use this extension on two sites, do I have to purchase it twice?

Thanks!

ornicom

I bought your Virtuemart Template on 05 August
After installation I found a problem on the mainmenu setting
As the website where the template is installed is multilingual, I cannot set the mainmenu attribute to two menus in the same time (for the two languages)
If I set one menu to the attribute mainmenu and set the other menu to be on the same place that the mainmenu, it is not exactly in the same place and there is a line on the bottom. The design looks not professional

I have open a ticket on your support the same day, so six days ago and I have not received a response from you !

As I need to go on I have continue the setting of the template
I was surprised to know that the slideshow and the product module WAS NOT INCLUDE inside the template
(but if you look the demo site of the template, you can see the slideshow and the product module inside the demo)
So why pay more for the template if you have the same that the virtuemart theme ???

To not loose time, waiting your response
I bought the slideshow and the product module today
After setting the two modules and the two plugins (delivered in the same time), noting work
The slideshow not show the picture configured in standard and not show new picture configured
The product module seem to have no connection the virtuemart !
I have the message "no product found"

I forecast to change the template of an eshop website in few days
Now I need to wait a response of you, I cannot change or add a product because the migration is already done and wait you
I loose money because of you

If you are in holiday you MUST inform your customer and/or disabled the possiblity to buy on your site
IT'S A SITUATION UNACCEPTABLE AND I WROTE THIS MESSAGE TO INFORM ALL PEOPLE

Ornicom

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bisonfume

To Ornicom :

1.first at all, I'm not a developper and neither a employees of the virtuemart theme corp.

2.you have some probleme with your website, joomla template and virtuemart theme.

In the store there is some possibility, buy a virtuemart theme, a joomla template including the virtuemart theme, some joomla/virtuemart module and a bundle including all the element.

Unfortunatly you didn't buy the good one at first and neither at second.

3.Your comment no product found seem two possiblities :
- you have a virtuemart probleme with your configuration
- you have a module configuration bug

4. Generally when you make a multilingual webstore, you make one in your principal language and after you make the translation.
It is logical that you can't have two default mainmenu, this is not a bug from your template, virtuemart theme or module, it is a requiment of joomla.

Can you give more information about your configuration, what joomla are you using (2.5.X) and what virtuemart (2.0.8e ??).

Are you shure there is no probleme with your webside without the theme and joomla template.

I used to buy some product in this webstore and never have problem before  reading your comment.

There is a support, but only about the product they sell not about joomla o virtuemart configuration.

Give me more information, check your webside and open a new post on the virtuemart forum or in your joomla national forum (if you have one).
Your picture looks be in french, so in that case go to joomla.fr nd post a question.

Nibiru

I've bought this template to and It's awesome.

@Ornicom 
I was surprised to know that the slideshow and the product module WAS NOT INCLUDE inside the template
In the quick-start the modules are there!

Ornicom you should install the quickstart with kickstart.php and try that first. I have absolutely no problems with the template.

RuggeroSB

Hi Eugen,

I added a category description, but can't seem to find it on the category page?

Where is the category description coded to show?

Thanks in advance.

RuggeroSB

Quote from: RuggeroSB on August 29, 2012, 11:35:04 AM
Hi Eugen,

I added a category description, but can't seem to find it on the category page?

Where is the category description coded to show?

Thanks in advance.
Ok, confirmed that the category description variable is missing in this theme. Edited <JOOMLATHEME>/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php from line 18 to line 24 now looks like this:

$manufacturerID = JRequest::getInt('virtuemart_manufacturer_id', '');
if ($this->category->category_description) {
?>
<div class="category_description">
<?php echo $this->category->category_description?>
</div>
<?php
}
// Output Categories in A Section

hurryen

Why, after the installation and connection of any third-party extensions, stops VM2 Theme Shoplicious? Extension will stop working as a newly established, and those who work with the VM2 Theme Shoplicious. Where can I get the instructions in Russian, or at least instructions in English? It's been two months and I can not edit the template in any way.

Danny Poole

Quote from: jen697 on August 01, 2012, 19:34:21 PM
Eugen,

Where can I find the support forums for this theme?

Specifically I was wondering about html validation - the w3c validator caught one error (you can see it here: http://goo.gl/8LbZ1) on the shopping cart page of the demo. And there are 16 errors on a product details page (you can see the errors here: http://goo.gl/3TQ02). The site says that the extension is fully valid, so I am concerned about why these errors are showing.

I was also wondering where to submit suggestions for improvements? For example, it would be great for UX if the buttons for Change Payment and Change Shipment opened a lightbox style popup or displayed the options below in an accordion style effect instead of going to an entirely separate page. And it would also be great if the cost for the selected shipping option displayed.

And lastly, if I wanted to use this extension on two sites, do I have to purchase it twice?

Thanks!

How did you go with adding 'Add to Cart' functionality to the product listings (category) view. I am trying to do this but without any sucess I have left messages on 'Support at Developing-and-Design.com' system but there has been no peply (probably on holidays).

I have researched on how to add to cart in category view (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90961.0) and I am trying to add it to the 'MY-TEMPLATE > html > com_virtuemart > templates > default > products > category > centered.php' but it is not working.
Currently using VM3.0.6 on Joomla 3.4 PHP 5.4.30

Danny Poole

There doesn't seem to be an update quantity when in pre-checkout (cart) view. On the demo site http://joomlademos.developing-and-design.com/vm2_theme_shoplicious/index.php there is an update feature when you view the cart but I take it this is because the user has not registered yet or it is a different checkout view.

On the website I am developing only registered users can purchase as it is a wholesale site the checkout view looks the same as the image in the above « Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 05:39:37 AM »

Hi I have figured out the Cart Update, was because of the 'if ($cart->mws_cart)' in the 'MY-TEMPLATE > html > com_virtuemart > templates > default > checkout > cart > default.php (Line50).

<?php // We Are in The Last Step 
if ($cart->mws_cart) { ?>

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php'); ?>" method="post" class="inline">
<input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_virtuemart" />
<input type="text" title="<?php echo  JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_UPDATE'?>" class="quantity" size="3" maxlength="4" name="quantity" value="<?php echo $prow->quantity ?>" />

<?php } else { ?>
<input type="text" title="<?php echo  JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_UPDATE'?>" class="quantity-confirm" size="3" maxlength="4" name="quantity" value="<?php echo $prow->quantity ?>" disabled="disabled" />
<?php ?>

<input type="hidden" name="view" value="cart" />
<input type="hidden" name="task" value="update" />
<input type="hidden" name="cart_virtuemart_product_id" value="<?php echo $prow->cart_item_id  ?>" />
<input type="submit" class="refresh-icon" name="update" title="<?php echo  JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_UPDATE'?>" align="middle" value=" "/>
</form>
<?php ?>

I have tried making is so the input box appears by putting everything in the 'else' statement like the following...

<?php // We Are in The Last Step :: Hacked by Danny Poole D.P. Web Design to the the update quantity working on checkout 

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php'); ?>" method="post" class="inline">
<input type="text" title="<?php echo  JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_UPDATE'?>" class="quantity" size="3" maxlength="4" name="quantity" value="<?php echo $prow->quantity ?>" />

<?php } else { ?>
<input type="hidden" name="cart_virtuemart_product_id" value="<?php echo $prow->cart_item_id  ?>" />
<input type="submit" class="refresh-icon" name="update" title="<?php echo  JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_UPDATE'?>" align="middle" value=" "/>
</form>
<?php ?>

</form>
<?php ?>

...and this is fine, as it outputs the quantity updater and everything works but it unfortunatly creats a <form> tag within a <form> tag when you click the confirm order button it only updates the quantitly.

Any Help! Please...
Currently using VM3.0.6 on Joomla 3.4 PHP 5.4.30

JorritK

I tried to get the image slider and zoom to work, and did the following, with joomla 2.5.7 and virtuemart 2.0.12:

I did install the theme and it seemed to work as it should.
Unfortunately, in the product details page, multiple images were not working, as well as the image zoom.
It should work like the demo on this page: http://joomlademos.developing-and-design.com/vm2_theme_shoplicious/index.php/vm-product-details

Now, When I uploaded 3 images for one product, the thumbnails would not work.
I do have some knowledge of PHP, so I checked the files of the template.
When I opened the file default.php in *template_name*/html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/productdetails/images,
I found out that line 17 and line 18 were like this:
      $mowebso->addScript('plg.image_lens.js','templates/'.$mowebso->templatename.'/html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/assets/js/','text/javascript',false);
      $mowebso->addScript('plg.image_gallery.js','templates/'.$mowebso->templatename.'/html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/assets/js/','text/javascript',false);

I changed the values to true, which resulted in the thumbnails working again, and dot for the zoom was there.
Unfortunately, the zoom function itself is not working.

Can anybody help with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

JorritK