News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VirtueMart 2 Theme (works with your current joomla template)

Started by Eugen S., May 10, 2012, 15:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eugen S.

Quote from: emdep3000 on July 16, 2012, 20:43:55 PM
Hello Eugen,

I'm interesting to buy this tempate for my commercial use. However, I'm using the JA_Lens template from Joomlart. I'm just wondering are the two of them compatible to run along with each other (you know, js_script conflicts ... etc...)?  IF it won't work for my template, is it possible for a refund ???

Hi,

if virtuemart is working along with your template - our theme will also work without problems.

Ofcourse we offer a refund if it should really not work and our support can't help you.

Kind regards
Eugen
Send me a pm ;-)

Llewellynvdm

How to install on VM2 ? I looked at  :o
http://www.developing-and-design.com/en/joomla/virtuemart-themes/documentation.html  :-[
But it looks like it is for the older version.  ;D

May be a stupid question... but please explain.

Eugen S.

Quote from: Llewellynvdm on July 18, 2012, 00:21:10 AM
aah found it... http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0

Hi,

the email with the download ids also includ a second pdf file which describes the installation for virtuemart 2.
Send me a pm ;-)

iMAAXX

Hello,

We have seen your virtue mart 2 template and we are thinking of using this for our commercial website, I noticed a question about using this for a furniture website and show different swatches, how can this be done as we do not see this as an example.

Also we noticed your template has a very nice zoom window on the viewer's cursor, is this something extra or is it inherent in your template? (Also is there more coding to make this work or do we use the VM2 product images?) As we like this very much and it is one of the main reasons we are considering this template at this time. Also can we adjust the size of the zoom window if we desire?

Thanks for your support.

Alan

Eugen S.

Quote from: iMAAXX on July 20, 2012, 19:16:28 PM
Hello,

We have seen your virtue mart 2 template and we are thinking of using this for our commercial website, I noticed a question about using this for a furniture website and show different swatches, how can this be done as we do not see this as an example.

Also we noticed your template has a very nice zoom window on the viewer's cursor, is this something extra or is it inherent in your template? (Also is there more coding to make this work or do we use the VM2 product images?) As we like this very much and it is one of the main reasons we are considering this template at this time. Also can we adjust the size of the zoom window if we desire?

Thanks for your support.

Alan

Hello Alan,

what do you mean with "show different swatches" - how should it look like - do you have an example?

The zoom feature is already included and it uses the default virtuemart 2 product images.

The zoom size can be adjusted very easily.

Kind regards
Eugen
Send me a pm ;-)

RuggeroSB

Hi Eugen,

How would child items display in the product detail view? This is something I'm struggling with tremendously with the default virtuemart 2.0 setup. I would like child products to show in a list with radio buttons or with their own add to cart buttons; at least make the selection of Child products a lot easier than currently...

I also need to be able to add child variants. Have you catered for this?

Eugen S.

Quote from: RuggeroSB on July 27, 2012, 16:17:03 PM
Hi Eugen,

How would child items display in the product detail view? This is something I'm struggling with tremendously with the default virtuemart 2.0 setup. I would like child products to show in a list with radio buttons or with their own add to cart buttons; at least make the selection of Child products a lot easier than currently...

I also need to be able to add child variants. Have you catered for this?

Hi,

it will look like the option box on this link:
http://joomlademos.mowebso.com/vm2_theme_shoplicious/index.php/vm-product-details

I would like child products to show in a list with radio buttons or with their own add to cart buttons; at least make the selection of Child products a lot easier than currently...

This would require an additional plugin because the current one just displays an option box. At the moment it is not possible to show child products with addtocart button behind each product like in virtuemart 1. Virtuemart 2 have a bug which does not allow to load more than 2 product informations. Already reported to the dev team and they couldn`t fix it yet.
Send me a pm ;-)

RuggeroSB

Hi Eugen,

I just bought your theme and everything installed just fine - thank you!

I have however a minor problem: I have child products attached to a main product.

Firstly, I would like the main (parent) product appear in the category view ONLY (i.e. the child products should not appear in the category view). I could not find an option within Virtuemart to achieve this so I assume it's something to do with the template.

Secondly, when I click on the parent product, I get the product page and the child product select dropdown appears as you stated. The first child product appears to be selected in the dropdown, but the add to cart button says "Choose a product varia" (presumably variant cut off) and you can't add it to the cart. You have to choose another child product and then go back to the first child product in order to be able to add it to the cart. Two possible solutions in my opinion - either the select dropdown's first option is a blank "choose variant" so that you can actually select the first child product and then add it to the cart (in which case the add to cart button needs to be greyed out or something and not with a long, cut-off description), or alternatively (much better if possible) that the first child product is immediately selected.

If you need to see an example, I'd be glad to PM you a URL and login details ifyou need to see it (cart is still under development).

Please let me know soonest.

Thanks.

Eugen S.

Quote from: RuggeroSB on July 28, 2012, 10:34:00 AM
Hi Eugen,

I just bought your theme and everything installed just fine - thank you!

I have however a minor problem: I have child products attached to a main product.

Firstly, I would like the main (parent) product appear in the category view ONLY (i.e. the child products should not appear in the category view). I could not find an option within Virtuemart to achieve this so I assume it's something to do with the template.

Secondly, when I click on the parent product, I get the product page and the child product select dropdown appears as you stated. The first child product appears to be selected in the dropdown, but the add to cart button says "Choose a product varia" (presumably variant cut off) and you can't add it to the cart. You have to choose another child product and then go back to the first child product in order to be able to add it to the cart. Two possible solutions in my opinion - either the select dropdown's first option is a blank "choose variant" so that you can actually select the first child product and then add it to the cart (in which case the add to cart button needs to be greyed out or something and not with a long, cut-off description), or alternatively (much better if possible) that the first child product is immediately selected.

If you need to see an example, I'd be glad to PM you a URL and login details ifyou need to see it (cart is still under development).

Please let me know soonest.

Thanks.

Hello,

I totally agree with your solution but let me explain the problem why we can`t solve it easily. Our theme just changes the way virtuemart is looking in the frontend. We can improve the design!.

But we can`t change the way virtuemart is working and how virtuemart is handling some things like displaying the child products in category view or not. We can`t influence the logic behind virtuemart.

We can just change small things like adding a feature for image slideshow and such things.

Thats the problem we have... it is not related with our product because you would also run into the same problems without our product.

I hope this explanation makes sense because I`m not a native english speaker.

Send me a pm ;-)

jjk

Quote from: RuggeroSB on July 28, 2012, 10:34:00 AM
Firstly, I would like the main (parent) product appear in the category view ONLY...
This has nothing to do with the template. If you configure your parent/child products correctly and add a 'generic child variant' custom field to your parent products, VM2 should behave the way you want it. (It works for me). You might check if if all your child products in the backend product list are attached to the parent product as a generic child variant. If your child products are listed seperately in the backend Product List, they will also show up as seperate products in the frontend. In other words, in the backend product list you should see a single line for each parent product including the child products. The column 'Product is children of' should be empty and the column 'Product has Children?' should say i.e "3 children")

To solve your dropdown problem in the product details view, compare your setting to the image attached below.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Eugen S.

Send me a pm ;-)

RuggeroSB

Thanks for your help, JJK!

Quote from: jjk on July 28, 2012, 16:03:39 PM
This has nothing to do with the template. If you configure your parent/child products correctly and add a 'generic child variant' custom field to your parent products, VM2 should behave the way you want it. (It works for me).
I have done this.

You might check if if all your child products in the backend product list are attached to the parent product as a generic child variant. If your child products are listed seperately in the backend Product List, they will also show up as seperate products in the frontend.
This has not been my experience. All my products show up in the backend products list, child or otherwise, unless I search for "only parent".

Instead, I've noticed that if I attached child products to a category, they show up in the category view. Strangely I also experienced that when I removed the category from them, they'd disapper from the "child products" custom field options in the product view, although I tried again today and it actually seems to be working properly... strange!

To solve your dropdown problem in the product details view, compare your setting to the image attached below.
Thanks, this is 90% of what I was after. I would've preferred not having the parent product's name appear again in the custom field. I'm not afraid of code - can you direct me to the correct file and what "if" statement to use to change the first row to "Select option" or something rather than the parent's product name again?  I think it's quite confusing that there's an option in the list that looks like any other option, but if you don't change it (or you select it) the cart button stop working!

Also, is there a way to chagne the button's error message from "Choose a product varia" to something a bit more clear? Again, just point me in the right direction in the code if need be.

Thanks.

Eugen S.

Quote from: RuggeroSB on July 29, 2012, 11:51:08 AM
Also, is there a way to chagne the button's error message from "Choose a product varia" to something a bit more clear? Again, just point me in the right direction in the code if need be.

You can change this in the language file which you can find in the following path for english:
/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini
Send me a pm ;-)

RuggeroSB

Thanks Eugen (by the way ur English is more than adequate!),

So my only remaining question is regarding the parent product name showing in the child product selection list - I would've preferred not having the parent product's name appear again in the custom field. I'm not afraid of code - can you direct me to the correct file and what "if" statement to use to change the first row to "Select option" or something rather than the parent's product name again?  I think it's quite confusing that there's an option in the list that looks like any other option, but if you don't change it (or you select it) the cart button stop working!